4th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the sick LJ70 back to North Georgia on a Uhaul trailer with no problems. Will let you know what the doctor says when we get a chance. (I thought I told you guys to please not post pictures of it on the trailer..:frown: ha)

Thanks elkaholic for the "ride" off the mountain. Thanks to everyone for a great weekend and a lot of fun. Good group of people!

Here are a couple of the better shots I took from the ride. Thank you guys for including me, I had a great time!

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9100.jpg

Last edited:
Part of the group leaving

5A23482A-6999-48F7-905A-42365ECC2E4E.jpeg

Got the sick LJ70 back to North Georgia on a Uhaul trailer with no problems. Will let you know what the doctor says when we get a chance. (I thought I told you guys to please not post pictures of it on the trailer..:frown: ha)

Thanks elkaholic for the "ride" off the mountain. Thanks to everyone for a great weekend and a lot of fun. Good group of people!

My apologies. I didn’t get that info. Post adjusted accordingly.

image.jpeg

If anyone has photos of the "winching or towing" action on trail 22 please post them.
Thanks

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone who attended this year's event, many of which drove long distances. I would also like to thank those who volunteered to serve as trail guides and those that stepped forward to help with spotting. These guys spent much of their time positioning sand ladders, dragging winch ropes and hooking up snatch cables and their efforts were greatly appreciated. This event (now #4) seems to get bigger each year and hopefully will continue to do so.

I would like to thank everyone who attended this year's event, many of which drove long distances. I would also like to thank those who volunteered to serve as trail guides and those that stepped forward to help with spotting. These guys spent much of their time positioning sand ladders, dragging winch ropes and hooking up snatch cables and their efforts were greatly appreciated. This event (now #4) seems to get bigger each year and hopefully will continue to do so.
Well said ... I second the thanks

WOW, what a great weekend! Thank you to everyone who attended whether you drove a 70 Series or not. I had a fantastic time on the trail on Saturday and hope everyone else did too even if it was outside your comfort level. Thank you Charles for dinner on Saturday. I appreciate your generosity. I look forward to seeing you all on the trail again soon!
Peter

WOW, what a great weekend! Thank you to everyone who attended whether you drove a 70 Series or not. I had a fantastic time on the trail on Saturday and hope everyone else did too even if it was outside your comfort level. Thank you Charles for dinner on Saturday. I appreciate your generosity. I look forward to seeing you all on the trail again soon!
Peter
Great meeting you @peterb. While I wanted to punch you a few times throughout the day, I was glad we tackled that trail by the time we made it through. Good times for sure.

I second the thanks to everyone for all the help on the trails, whether hands -on with recovery gear, spotting, stacking rocks, or just moral support and encouragement. Also a special thanks to Sam and Peter as trail leaders and especially Charles for puting this together and great BBQ. Looking forward to next year.
Trail lesson #1 learned----- fiberglass flares are no substitute for sliders.

My apologies. I didn’t get that info. Post adjusted accordingly.
Heck....please put that photo back up. I thought it was cool, and a good reminder of a great trip. Also a good reminder of how helpful you guys can be. My comment was just a poor attempt at humor. Can't own a 30 year old vehicle without a few hiccups. :)

So, what was the total count? how many of what model?
The numbers varied slightly between Friday and Saturday but if I remember correctly there were a total of 12
70 Series present over the two day period. (By far are largest gathering to date)
I apologize up front if I screw this up........
1 LJ70 (our first ever)
3 73 Series
4 77 Series
2 75 Series Troopies
1 75 Series Ute
1 79 Series Ute (our first ever)

If it were not for last minute scheduling issues we would have had several more 70 Series present.

Also present were 40, 80, & 100 Series Land Cruisers. (Some idiot actually showed up in a Tacoma)
I've always been under the impression that the 80 Series was the last "real Cruiser" but I have to admit the 100
Series was very impressive throughout the day. :)

As a side note: I believe Nic (@divemedic) had some t-shirts, in various sizes, left over so if you're interested in an event t-shirt give him a shout.

Last edited:
Charles and Sam thanks again for hosting this awesome event and letting other cruiser guys join along. I had a great time checking out all the different 70s and learning a lot more about all of the different series. Looking forward to the 5th annual event next year.

@peterb thanks for leading the pack Saturday and showing us around the park.

Here are a few pics from the weekend:

A601D0E7-4388-4FEE-81D1-C6A4B03D7B09.jpeg

0F405EF9-07D3-4C05-B357-B3E7CB455E13.jpeg

6B91D0B0-1D8C-4B99-B559-AC92C3692E15.jpeg

71EF258D-61E2-46AA-8362-5BB90BD027D8.jpeg

10E8947C-1DAE-4B28-859B-5BF8A703751F.jpeg

What a cool group of people and trucks....really nice to put faces with screen names. Extremely glad we made the haul up and I hope we can make it a yearly thing.

Thanks for dinner Charles and everyone's hospitality.

20180929_092826.jpg
20180929_121335.jpg
20180929_121318.jpg

20180928_164838.jpg
20180929_141208.jpg
20180929_104801.jpg

20180929_111058.jpg
20180929_141849.jpg

Glad to be able to meet all you Toyota nerds. Had a blast and ready to do it again. Thanks to everyone that put this together, I know it wasn't easy.

Here is an image dump with a few videos mixed in from the weekend. https://photos.app.goo.gl/LRHPwxYGS399aXEE7

- Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom