45LV door hinge bushing reproduction....who would be interested? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

c2dfj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.c2dusa.com
I'm considering doing a run of brass door hinge bushings if enough people are interested....minimum run is 100 pieces....each truck takes 16. So maybe there are 6 people out there that would want some(I'll keep a set for me). If so, let me know.

I have a brand new hinge I am going to take apart to give to the machine guy who does some of our work...he could probably do the pins too for those that needed them...or make it part of the kit.

I'm considering doing a run of brass door hinge bushings if enough people are interested....minimum run is 100 pieces....each truck takes 16. So maybe there are 6 people out there that would want some(I'll keep a set for me). If so, let me know.

I have a brand new hinge I am going to take apart to give to the machine guy who does some of our work...he could probably do the pins too for those that needed them...or make it part of the kit.
Im in. Thanks, Mike

Good deal Mike....1 set for you? I already have somebody else for 2. So that's 3 plus me. So 4....only a couple more to go.

I'll probably just do enough for 10 sets......but would love to get a good solid count of people.

Count me in.
Tailgate the same? Thanks.

Great.....I'm going to proceed with getting him to price this out. I definitely want to do pins if I'm going to do this. No idea on price but I can't imagine it being a bank breaker. We've been doing some really high dollar projects with him(very limited run stuff) so doing more of a quantity production piece will be nice. It's also nice that I have a brand new hinge I can pull apart and give him. I'll know tomorrow when he and I meet....

Do the lower tailgate hinges have the same type bushing/pin setup? Might be another project...

We'll look into those tailgate hinges this week and see...would be ideal if they were the same size.

CHRIS...OF COURSE YOU WAIT UNTIL i SOLD MY LV!!!

I have a solution for you Dukes....just pick up another one! I'll have some door hinge bushings for you when you do.

Trying to connect with my machinist....they moved into a new place and are getting settled. If he can't make it happen, I'll find another guy. I'll get an update this week.

I called my machinist today....got an update.

Each truck will need 16 bushings(2 per hinge, 2 hinges per door, 4 doors per truck). These will be $10 each. So $160 for a complete set.

He will have to do a 2 piece setup for the hinge....requires welding. They will look like OEM when done and they will be made out of stainless. These will be identical to OEM pins. So you can use your stock ones or use these. These are going to be pricey. $20 per piece, 8 per truck.

So a full kit will be $320 plus shipping,

I could do a bushing kit only for $160 plus shipping.

He said 3-4 weeks to get the material in for the door pins. I would think probably 60 days before we're shipping kits out.

Would love to hear any suggestions or thoughts. And certainly feel free to PM me with an order. I think I'll just foot the bill for the up front cost for this one and then sell them.....once they're out, that will probably be it. So if I have a good idea how many peeps would be interested in a full or half kit, I'll now how many to have done....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom