3.0L ignition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What plugs came out of it?

Try setting the gap at 40. Thats a 20% difference.

What you did shouldnt have made it worse. Either wasnt the fix to the problem, something else failed simultaneously, or it cant handle being better, lol

It does sometimes behave like it might not have a pressurized fuel rail on hot starts.
Recommended injector vendor?
I have a 5.3L LS swap that needs to get done and this is holding it up.
I don't have a good source, besides the high price from the Toyota dealer, I would probably go aftermarket with warranty from a parts store. There are too many counterfeit parts online and injectors are a hot item to counterfeit (spark plugs as well, don't buy these items online) The places that clean injectors usually can't fix them if they are bad, so I wouldn't waist my money, you'll just get back a polished turd.

Preliminary vacuum etc. hose inspection: all looks OK except for the crankcase breather hose. It is split where it fits over the nipple on the cam cover. Of course it's a formed hose! So far I've not been able to find an OE type replacement. Will probably have to fangle something.

Circling back around, it was two mixed up ignition wires. They crossed under a hose where the crossing couldn't easily be seen and I didn't find it until the third check when I ran my finger along each wire one at a time. Odd how smooth it ran considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom