22R with Weber 32/36 passing emissions in CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all. I recently acquired a 1981 Toyota Truck 4x4 with some engine modifications including a Weber 32/36 with an EGR delete. I live in Denver, CO which requires both a visual inspection as well as a low RPM idle. I failed my visual "air injection system - FAIL" which i can only assume is the absence of the EGR. Furthermore I failed the idle check on "HC PPM - 286.2 ppm on max 220 ppm", I believe this can be corrected fairly easily...

My question is, has anyone here had any experience running an EGR Valve on a Weber 32/36 to pass emissions? I have a capped vacuum port on the carb which might be able to link into the vacuum, and I've seen some posts lingering around the internet suggesting that it's possible to reattach an EGR valve. This stuff is all fairly new to me so I apologize if this question is naive.

FWIW: I've seen in the LCEPerformance installation guide for the Weber that you must remove the EGR Valve, so I'm not sure if my best option is simply to register the vehicle at a relatives where the laws are a bit looser, or if i should attempt to recarb the thing (probably won't deal with this if I don't have to).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom