2020 Sequoia TRD PRO - New!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question for you: Did you/ do you have any clunking sound under your vehicle, like from the skid plates or the front coilovers? I just picked up a white 2020 trd pro sequoia and I get a mild knock/clunk underneath me when turning from a dead stop. It doesn't happen all the time. Dealer already looked at once and said it was the skid plate grinding on the cross-member, and they "fixed" it with spacers, but it's still doing it. wondering if you've experienced anything like this. I've also heard there is a TSB out for the 2020 fox shocks, at least for the 4runners that involve a replacement due to the struts coming into contact along the side with the springs in the front.

Thanks.
A little update on that. The dealer installed few pieces of soft rubber that got crushed pretty quick and the truck started to make noise again when turning at low speed. I went to Ace Hardware and got few plastic washers about 1/8 " tick and installed them. No more noise. The skid plate is rubbing only in the rear but I installed washers at all 6 bolts.

On Factory height or after lifted? I just picked up my 21’ TRD PRO and I’m having a much harder time finding tire suggestions than I thought I would. I want to go as “big and aggressive” as possible on Factory stock suspension.
It depends on a few things though. The right offset and you should be able to fit a bigger tire. I’m going 275/70r18 ko2’s with wheels with an offset of +45 which is close to stock but further away from the UCA. I think I could go bigger tires with the +45 wheels but looking at other sequoia’s with same size tires and no lift, 275/70r18 looks good enough until I figure out the right lift for us.

Any wheels with 0 offset or anything like -18 offset and I think you have more chance to rub the fenders mud flaps and the like. You can’t really say for sure though until you actually try the setup or hear experience from others with exactly the combo you are going for.

275/70r18 seems to be the safe bet but depends on the wheels you go with...

(what virgil said)

275/70/18’s on 18x9 +18 wheels, stock suspension, no rubbing.

547FDB06-1CCA-41AF-84A9-FADB36C6370C.jpeg

It depends on a few things though. The right offset and you should be able to fit a bigger tire. I’m going 275/70r18 ko2’s with wheels with an offset of +45 which is close to stock but further away from the UCA. I think I could go bigger tires with the +45 wheels but looking at other sequoia’s with same size tires and no lift, 275/70r18 looks good enough until I figure out the right lift for us.

Any wheels with 0 offset or anything like -18 offset and I think you have more chance to rub the fenders mud flaps and the like. You can’t really say for sure though until you actually try the setup or hear experience from others with exactly the combo you are going for.

275/70r18 seems to be the safe bet but depends on the wheels you go with...

(what virgil said)
Understood. I’m keeping the factory BBS wheels so they’ll be whatever that offset is. I appreciate your info!

I’m on large lift Icon coilovers w/ my small 37’s - I’m still going to need to notch the frame / cab support arm & a little trim on the inner fenderliner plastic arch as in reverse I rub a little at full lock.

The wheels are positioned too rearward in the arch - I’m on a 6” lift but I know someone who did 37’s (Falkens) on a 4” lift with the same notching needed but he also hit his swaybar at full lock.

HTH for anyone looking to get into the bigger donuts.

Understood. I’m keeping the factory BBS wheels so they’ll be whatever that offset is. I appreciate your info!

The factory TRD Pro are 18x8 with ET60 so a +60 offset. Just as an FYI for anyone searching this thread later for reference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom