2020 HE infotainment restart/reboot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was driving around town yesterday and the infotainment system shut off/restarted randomly. My phone was connected and playing music but nothing else with my phone occurred to cause any type of interruption. Any ideas? Its only happened once, so as of now im looking at it as a fluke.

If you haven’t already, run a search on Mud using the word reboot. You’ll get many hits with posts from others on the issue. You’re not alone!

Was driving around town yesterday and the infotainment system shut off/restarted randomly. My phone was connected and playing music but nothing else with my phone occurred to cause any type of interruption. Any ideas? Its only happened once, so as of now im looking at it as a fluke.
That happened to my HE once... soon after I got it.. Has not happened again. I have about 8400 miles now.. Sometimes I think it boots up longer when starting. But that could be my impatience growing.. Otherwise I love the thing.. No issues except the plastic rain rail covers in between the roof rack mounts keep flying out.. It is time again to swing by the dealer to have them inspect and order more.

That happened to my HE once... soon after I got it.. Has not happened again. I have about 8400 miles now.. Sometimes I think it boots up longer when starting. But that could be my impatience growing.. Otherwise I love the thing.. No issues except the plastic rain rail covers in between the roof rack mounts keep flying out.. It is time again to swing by the dealer to have them inspect and order more.

haha yeah those rain channel guides have flown off on me too.

If you haven’t already, run a search on Mud using the word reboot. You’ll get many hits with posts from others on the issue. You’re not alone!

Will do. My initial search found items on slightly different situations. But I'll look again.

It's not an HE thing and not even a Land Cruiser thing. The reboots happen on my 18 as well as my wifes Highlander. If your experience is like mine the dealer will act like you are the only person in Toyota's orbit that has ever experienced this problem. They will say its your phone....it may be? But I will say it has happened with iPhones X, 11, 12, and SE.
As far as the rain rail covers, I used 3M VHB tape on the bottom and that problem is solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom