Events/Trails 2019 Alaska summer trip planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is exactly same as yours

Except I wanted to drive up there and return on Alaskan state ferry

Fine w/me! I don't care which way is drive and which way is ride :bounce: Bring your bear spray. I'm in Alberta right now and had a mother grizzly and her 2 cubs walk down the campground road next to my site. :eek:

Fine w/me! I don't care which way is drive and which way is ride :bounce: Bring your bear spray. I'm in Alberta right now and had a mother grizzly and her 2 cubs walk down the campground road next to my site. :eek:
I have permanent bear spray I keep
Twice a month bears come and get my garbage
Here is last week :(

5225BEC9-2A5B-41C8-AD74-6E9CAFD91D4E.png

I have permanent bear spray I keep
Twice a month bears come and get my garbage
Here is last week :(

View attachment 1754421
You need to get bear resistant cans or keep trash inside until the truck shows up. Up here it is a crime if bears get in your trash from improper handeling. The saying is “a fed bear is a dead bear” because when they get this used to people they get shot.

You need to get bear resistant cans or keep trash inside until the truck shows up. Up here it is a crime if bears get in your trash from improper handeling. The saying is “a fed bear is a dead bear” because when they get this used to people they get shot.
That is a bear resistant can. Thus he knocked over the can and didn’t get the food

And the location is inside my yard, not on street

So unless I sleep with the trash cans inside my bedroom, I don’t see what else I can do

I have done the ammonia spray, etc. nothing works

Last year 3 bears were in my jacuzzi swimming

The one standing up dosnt look like a bear resistant. Sorry I’m tainted on the subject right now. I have people all around me not properly storing trash so 2-3 times a week I end up with a broken apart trash bag spread out across the bottom of my back yard since I back up to green space. You could build an enclosure outside, People without garages up here do that.

The one standing up dosnt look like a bear resistant. Sorry I’m tainted on the subject right now. I have people all around me not properly storing trash so 2-3 times a week I end up with a broken apart trash bag spread out across the bottom of my back yard since I back up to green space. You could build an enclosure outside, People without garages up here do that.
We are only allowed black cans to be bear resistant

Green (lawn clippings), and blue (recycle) can’t be bear resistant. In last 9 years in this house, no body ever touched the green and blue one

Enclosure might be the way to go

My garage is too precious to put garbage cans in it

Yeah I can’t imagine putting trash cans in the garage but a lot of people up here do it. I just have 2 of these, once or twice a summer one gets knocked over. Bears are smart though and find easy pickings.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom