2018 Diesel Tacoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw that a few days ago. Clean install, looked factory. Coolest tacoma in the states even without any mods!

Coolest tacoma in the states even without any mods!

I’m pretty sure the diesel counts as a “mod”... but Toyota should figure out that D4D powered Tacos would fly off the lot even faster than they do as they are now.

Read their website. Their D4D conversions are for off-road use only but I am sure that statement is only there to cover their ass from EPA.

Bottom line, if you are concerned about legality and registerability for ON-HIGHWAY USE, we always recommend that you check with your local and state offices to determine legality. Diesel Toys DOES NOT imply legality and offers conversion services “FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY”.

Full quote below:

How do I register my conversion in my state?​

Every state has different laws regarding emissions testing and procedures. What’s legal in Texas may not be legal in Kansas etc. Many folks email us starting with “I read on the internet that I cant register my conversion here in…”. In the 12+ years we’ve been converting vehicles, we have NEVER had a customer unable to legally register their conversion. Regarding EPA certification: a popular myth is that because an engine is not sold in this country it automatically fails. This is patently FALSE. A NON-EPA certified engine simply means that it has not been certified by the EPA and may be subject to emissions testing (where applicable). Now, if it fails the emissions test, then it WILL need to be brought into compliance (sometimes at considerable expense). Bottom line, if you are concerned about legality and registerability for ON-HIGHWAY USE, we always recommend that you check with your local and state offices to determine legality. Diesel Toys DOES NOT imply legality and offers conversion services “FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY”

Depending where you live, they may either do a regular emissions check on it, or connect something to the OBD port, and if what comes out of it isn’t copacetic, you may have a long and fun time getting it registered in your state.

Your best bet is to have it in a state that doesn’t give a damn about emissions.

Last edited:
I hear this guy fell on hard times and sold the rig at a great loss.

Bummer it wasn’t to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom