2012 Trail rides (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings to all! I am looking to start planning my 2012 vacation. I am new to the LC family. I would like opinions on the best event to attend for family trail rides into and up into the mountains. Should I look at Crusierfest for next year or are their others I should look into? I am not looking for rock climbing but for light to medium trail trips that can be done in a day. Camping for my wife is motel 6 so I will have to do round trip in a day. Thanks for your opinions and your help.
Jerry

Cruiserfest seems to be more of a car show for Cruisers rather than the back-road adventure it sounds like you're looking for.
I think Cruise Moab would be a great family vacation, though it's set in the red rocks past the Rockies rather than in the mountains.

Have you seen the list of 2011 events? 2012 should be virtually the same list:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/tlca-sanctioned-events/439643-2011-tlca-events-schedule.html

No doubt Cruise Moab is always an awesome event. And while many of the trails are hard core rock crawling, we always have easy trails that can be done in any stock Toyota 4x4 with an inexperience driver. All the trails are day trails and you can stay at any of the hotels in Moab.

Cruise Moab is definitely a good one...another to check into, tho not TLCA sanctioned, is the FJ Summit. Held in July in Ouray CO. Primarly FJC's, but a handful of others attend and it's definitely a beautiful area with plenty to do besides wheel. (rumor has it one of the primary 2012 coordinators has a 100-series...)

(rumor has it one of the primary 2012 coordinators has a 100-series...)

I met another one, not sure if an organizer or just regular participant, in a spanking-new 5th gen runner...

Way too shiny to be doing anything hard core!

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom