1st Gen Sequoia - Locking front/rear diff and re-gearing (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

07Quoia

travl_with_purpose
Threads
Want to reach out to this community to see if anyone has done this mod - if so, what brand did you go with, what gearing, etc.... It has been suggested to me NOT to do front locking diffs as Sequoia diffs are not as strong as LCs and can break under heavy stress... let me know your thoughts - thanks.

Have seen guys put in locking rears. Honestly, I don't think it's needed. The atrac system operates very well with the center locked. I climbed some pretty ridiculous stuff a few weeks ago and never once wished I had a locker. I would not worry about a front locker. Very few people will say that is necessary in any scenario... @Dindu Nuffin locked his rear. Check out his thread

Have seen guys put in locking rears. Honestly, I don't think it's needed. The atrac system operates very well with the center locked. I climbed some pretty ridiculous stuff a few weeks ago and never once wished I had a locker. I would not worry about a front locker. Very few people will say that is necessary in any scenario... @Dindu Nuffin locked his rear. Check out his thread
Yeah, just saw one of your other posts with some pics of pretty good off-roading.. I'm not looking to rock-crawl, just want it very capable and reliable. Btw, did you re-gear when you went to the 285s or are you planning to?

Not planning on it, pretty happy with the stock setup. Seriously , extremely capable vehicle the way it sits. I had a triple locked 80 with 4.88s on 35s, I feel just as comfortable with "capable and reliable" with the Sequoia.
Well, I have been very happy with mine - I'm the original owner... thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom