1hz flywheel on a 1hdft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used everything for the aircon from the HZ. Didn't even need to de-gas it, just unbolted it and moved it to the side when swapping engine over

I used everything for the aircon from the HZ. Didn't even need to de-gas it, just unbolted it and moved it to the side when swapping engine over
That's strange mine seems to have a different bolt orientation for the mounting bracket. The same as the fte by the looks of it

if you are talking stock then I would expect it to slip the flywheel and clutch are smaller and the pressure plate was less pressure when i tested two new ones years ago, When we turbo 1 HZ we use to always change out to a HD unit as it was expected to slip

if you are talking stock then I would expect it to slip the flywheel and clutch are smaller and the pressure plate was less pressure when i tested two new ones years ago, When we turbo 1 HZ we use to always change out to a HD unit as it was expected to slip
The hz was turboed when I bought the 80. The clutch plate doesn't look all that old, has exedy on the plate. The gearbox has to come back out in the future so I'll put a new flywheel and clutch in it then, hopefully the clutch I've got here will hold up for a bit

The HZ flywheel has a 275mm friction surface and the HD is 300mm. Also keep in mind if you plan to change to the larger HD flywheel they also have different spline counts on the gearbox input shafts which matches the corresponding flywheel with 21 splines for HZ and 14 for HD.

There wasn't as many options for mix and matching engines/gearboxes back when I did my conversion so I just used the HZ flywheel, NPC heavy duty clutch and it held my 550nm/200hp perfectly fine. Those wanted to push for bigger numbers will obviously find the limit at a certain point and need to upgrade to the larger 300mm flywheel. Pretty sure NPC and others now make a larger flywheel to suit the 21 spline gearboxes which makes things easier.

As above depends a bit on what gearbox you have.

Hdj80 and hzj80 use different gearbox different input shaft.

Flywheel bolt and dowel pattern for the clutch plates aren't the same.
I have a h150f gearbox, going to attempt to put the ft in today I'll see how I go.
The HZ flywheel has a 275mm friction surface and the HD is 300mm. Also keep in mind if you plan to change to the larger HD flywheel they also have different spline counts on the gearbox input shafts which matches the corresponding flywheel with 21 splines for HZ and 14 for HD.

There wasn't as many options for mix and matching engines/gearboxes back when I did my conversion so I just used the HZ flywheel, NPC heavy duty clutch and it held my 550nm/200hp perfectly fine. Those wanted to push for bigger numbers will obviously find the limit at a certain point and need to upgrade to the larger 300mm flywheel. Pretty sure NPC and others now make a larger flywheel to suit the 21 spline gearboxes which makes things easier.
I had no idea the spline count was different. This is good to know mate, thankyou.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom