1HDT gturbo and exhaust ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pretty straight forward question for 1HDT with gturbo owners: were you able to use your factory exhaust after swapping to a gturbo ? (green if it matters)

Pretty straight forward question for 1HDT with gturbo owners: were you able to use your factory exhaust after swapping to a gturbo ? (green if it matters)
Yes mate.....existing 1HDT dump pipe bolts straight up to Green GTurbo.
I also purchased a factory made inlet hose that allows to connect to standard 1HDT air box lid....90mm to 80mm approx

Yes it will bolt up, but why would you? A 3" exhaust makes a massive difference to driveability and would be my recommend first mod on any TD cruiser.

I agree with above.

Do both turbo and exhaust.
There's huge gains to be had with upgraded exhaust.

Standard exhaust will strangle the life out of a g-turbo

images (7).jpeg

Agree with the above. A larger exhaust is required to handle the increased air flow the GTurbo produces and avoid excessive EGTs. But keep in mind that higher air flow on the exhaust side also means higher air flow (vacuum pressure) on the intake side. This higher vacuum can cause oil to seep from around the turbo seals and shorten the life of the turbo. You’ll want to consider an air box modification to increase the size of the air box intake pipe and an increase in the size of the air box-to-turbo-inlet pipe. That will help balance intake and exhaust air flow and reduce pressures throughout the system.

I should've mentioned that I have an engine issue with my 1HDT and am swapping another 1HDT that has a gturbo installed on it. I currently do have a custom 3" exhaust on it, no muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom