Builds 1971 FJ55, "Bucky" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The kids and I drove Bucky to the Olde North State Cruisers event, Logan's Run, this past weekend. The old truck did great. Got us there and back with no issues and did everything we asked it to do on the trails. Fun event. Great club. Weather was awesome.

IMG_2867[1].PNG

IMG_2856[1].JPG

IMG_2845[1].JPG

IMG_2843[1].JPG

IMG_2848[1].JPG

Couple of videos of Bucky doing a training course at Overland Experts Training Center.

$300 Craigslist score! Bench tested it last night. It has a bad solenoid, but good motor and everything else works fine. With a little TLC, Bucky will soon have a bonafide "Plan B."

IMG_2875[1].JPG

After much hesitation and dread, I finally decided to tackle Bucky’s inoperative tailgate window. It wasn’t as bad as I thought!

I got a text from a buddy @R.K. a couple of nights ago. He said that he was looking through this build thread and he thought he may have some background info on Ol' Bucky. Apparently it was owned by a friend of his. R.K. helped his friend find this truck and put the buyer and seller in contact back in '02-'03. He had some pics of the truck from way back then so he scanned them and sent them to me. Woot! Here's Bucky 15-ish years ago:
IMG_2972[1].PNG
IMG_2973[1].PNG
IMG_2974[1].PNG
IMG_2975[1].PNG

$300 Craigslist score! Bench tested it last night. It has a bad solenoid, but good motor and everything else works fine. With a little TLC, Bucky will soon have a bonafide "Plan B."

View attachment 2104820

Nice score. I managed to buy two before I finalized the deal on my 55. I think they look right at home on a 55.

You've done a great job turning Bucky around and giving him a new life. 👍
Thank you, sir. This truck has been a lot of fun to make improvements on. It has exceeded my expectations in every way (mainly because my expectations were low). It’s a keeper.

How's the Dane like the 55??
He loves it! His name is Zeke. You should see the heads turn when I chauffer him around in that old pig!

My son, Nathan has recently gotten into mountain biking. I bought him a Giant hardtail bike. I had been rocking an old '01 GT iDrive full suspension bike for years until the frame finally broke. Scouring the Craigslist, I found myself a new old bike. 2012 Gary Fisher HiFi Pro. It's a 29er. Full suspension. Now if it would only stop raining here in the South, maybe we could get some ride time in.
IMG_3206[1].JPG

I always loved GT’s. Years and years ago a local bike shop here was a dealer. They’re since long gone and don’t think I’ve seen a new one in 15 years or more. Had an early 2000’s model Timberline or something, but was heavy with some mismatched components. Got tired of it and got rid of it.
Got my oldest a Trek Marlin 6 for Christmas and he loves that thing, pretty nice bike. Might have to get back into it once the build is done and I can afford a bike for myself.

My son, Nathan has recently gotten into mountain biking. I bought him a Giant hardtail bike. I had been rocking an old '01 GT iDrive full suspension bike for years until the frame finally broke. Scouring the Craigslist, I found myself a new old bike. 2012 Gary Fisher HiFi Pro. It's a 29er. Full suspension. Now if it would only stop raining here in the South, maybe we could get some ride time in.
View attachment 2220597

Want another one? Got one that I quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom