1964 FJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
Well, as I start year two of my Germany assignment, I've managed to buy two trucks site unseen. The good news is that I'm still married. The bad, I have to wait another year before getting my hands on these trucks.

The latest, a 1964 FJ45LV out of WA state. (4-FJ45 15743). She needs lots but I did get a pretty good deal on her I think. She was rusting away in a mechanics yard in Quincy, WA. She has an old Chevy six and aftermarket seats. I'm really hoping the friendly mud community can assist me in getting her back on the road.

Things I know it needs and things I want:
A Toyota drivetrain; maybe find a rusty 60 with low mile 2f and 4 sp... I really want hwy gearing!
Seats; maybe a long shot to find front and back LV seats? Will 55 or 60 rear bench possibly fit? I'm thinking of 60 buckets, tuffy center and 60 rear.... Thoughts?
Rear light assemblies.... Yeah, I know...
Rear emblem.... Again.... I know...
Simple floor pans... Like how JP did his.
Toyota welded wheels... Trade for the aluminum bullet holes?
A door window... I think a few door parts... 2 are there but off track.
Needs a windshield...
Tires... Thinking 33's like on my 40.
...and a ton of other things that I can't think of right this second.

Again, hoping for you 45-guys to take a look through your stashes! Here are a few pics for now!

Nice! Saw that on CL as well.
That's funny. I just drove by there about an hour ago and saw that in the driveway.
45ville USA. ;)

Thanks all!

So, I'll put my list out there officially! Come up on the net if you have something or know of a source!

Things I know it needs and things I want:
A Toyota drivetrain; maybe find a rusty 60 with low mile 2f and 4 sp... I really want hwy gearing!
Seats; maybe a long shot to find front and back LV seats? Will 55 or 60 rear bench possibly fit? I'm thinking of 60 buckets, tuffy center and 60 rear.... Thoughts?

Rear light assemblies.... Yeah, I know... TLC has lenses for $$$$$

Rear emblem.... Again.... I know...

Simple floor pans... Like how JP did his.

Toyota welded wheels... Trade for the aluminum bullet holes?

A door window... I think a few door parts... 2 are there but off track.

Needs a windshield...

Tires... Thinking 33's like on my 40.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks like a good starting point. As for the glass and weather strip, a good quality glass shop can cut all the glass for you and should have all the weather stripping for that glass (except wing windows).

The rest of the weather stripping is listed here:

2014 FJ45LV weather strip info

55 seats are different than LV seats. The problem with the LV seats are they are not built for tall people and offer no adjustability except front back.

Yeah. I knew of slight differences... I'm still thinking FJ60 buckets w/ tuffy and going bench in the rear (maybe someone knows the width of both)? I'll pay close attention CL and hopefully scoop of a rusty 60 with healthy engine and clean interior.

I hope not. Updates. Any pic would be cool.

A PM and a crazy good price would be cool too...... just sayin’ ;)

Or is this JP’s taunting intro to his next build.

Isn’t it in your garage JP?

She won’t be for much longer.... seems I was just storing her for a while before she headed back home 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom