100 series preventing fender rub with 35s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I recently put 35s on my 100. Is my only option a body lift to prevent rubbing here? I hit some bumps at speed and pushed in my fenders a bit. I have a trip coming up at the end of May and I'm hoping I can get something figured out before then so I don't rear up the fenders any more.

PXL_20230427_175035242.jpg

There will be a few 100's at Jess's shop tomorrow, one with 35"s and a 1" body lift. and i think jess runs 35"s without a body lift. it will give you a couple ideas at least.

Hey everyone, I recently put 35s on my 100. Is my only option a body lift to prevent rubbing here? I hit some bumps at speed and pushed in my fenders a bit. I have a trip coming up at the end of May and I'm hoping I can get something figured out before then so I don't rear up the fenders any more.

View attachment 3308912
Yes 35’s require some pinch weld trimming and plastic reform. The more the wheel offset the more trimming and what not

Yeah I managed to hammer in the pinch weld pretty good, I'm not hitting the pinch weld at all at this point, just the top of the fender.

It's a bit hard to tell in the photo I posted but you can see the black mark where the tire hit right above and also cracked my new paint job :(

What were you doing when the tire made contact with the fender on the top? I’ve only seen it a couple times and notable air under the tires was present.

I was on a dirt road traveling ~35-40mph and I'm pretty sure I just hit a a bump or a dip in the road going a bit faster than I should have been.

Hey everyone, I recently put 35s on my 100. Is my only option a body lift to prevent rubbing here? I hit some bumps at speed and pushed in my fenders a bit. I have a trip coming up at the end of May and I'm hoping I can get something figured out before then so I don't rear up the fenders any
This looks like an offset issue. You’re going to need to seriously extend your front bumps or go with a different wheel.

What's the consensus on something like these and adding washers for shims as needed?

Not sure how I didn't realize it earlier but the passenger side tire and bumper is sticking out quite a bit further on the passenger side. Any ideas what's going on here?

PXL_20230503_010621885.MP.jpg

PXL_20230503_010454875.jpg

What's the consensus on something like these and adding washers for shims as needed?

they will definitely help extending stock jounts are very harsh when you hit them. Timbren style take more energy out of the movement before fully bottoming. Or high end shocks to help with the load on fast offroad travel. icon 2.5" res shocks type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom