Pics of my Heirloom. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My memory book. I learned to drive in this. When my Dad passed, I became its care giver. Just thought you guys might enjoy them. She has 171000 miles now.
And 'No', its not for sale. Ever.
Diesel FtLf.JPG
Diesel FtRt.JPG
Diesel RrRt.JPG

Last edited:
Ahhhh yes the much-balyhooed (with good reason) "Toyota SR5 Long-Bed Sport Truck".... very nice. I have a soft spot for the 79-81 trucks. May it Live Long and Prosper!

Good vehicle with a good history.

Musher_Vic said:
Wow -- no rust....
No quite 100% rust free. The bed is having a hard time. I took her to Line-X and was told yesterday to pick her up Friday. They sanded the bed to bare metal where rusted. I went today to check on the progress (unexpected). They had primed the sanded areas and were preping to spray first thing in the morning. I asked them to go over the edges and 2" down the side of the bed and up under the rail. So they sanded everything there and found some rust on the surface. Sanded and primed that also. She'll look almost new tomorrow.

Man my grandfather used to have one on his farm. Red with a Jesus placard stuck to the dashboard. Ahh the memories, I know how you feel!!!! KEEP FOREVER

I learned to drive a stick on that exact same truck, only ours was yellow. Watch that bed, Nebraska winters rotted ours out so bad, that the bed would shift when going around corners.

Glad for your good memories, I was glad to see ours go. We then got a 1st Gen 4Runner and the 4WD Toyota fanaticism began.

Hodag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom