Warranty and extended warranty ofr a 04 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the std warranty 3y/36K for a 2004 TLC?
Has anyone bought extenced warranty?

Thanks

Yes, basic warranty for '04LC is 36mo/36k and the powertrain warranty is 60mo/60k miles.

'04LX has 48/50k basic and 72/70k powertrain.

Is the std warranty 3y/36K for a 2004 TLC?
Has anyone bought extenced warranty?

Thanks

I have an '04 LC that just went over 36K. At about 35K my rear view camera went out and was replaced under warranty. The paperwork on it showed a little over $600.
That's when I decided to buy the Toyota Financial Services Platinum 100/7yr/0 Deductible Service Agreement. It list for $2250 on Toyota's site, I paid $1,400 at my dealer. I had gotten a quote online from the F&I fellow from N.J. for $1,440. Showed it to my dealer, that's when he said he would sell it to me for $1,400. Very pleased with the price. :cheers:

I have an '04 LC that just went over 36K. At about 35K my rear view camera went out and was replaced under warranty. The paperwork on it showed a little over $600.
That's when I decided to buy the Toyota Financial Services Platinum 100/7yr/0 Deductible Service Agreement. It list for $2250 on Toyota's site, I paid $1,400 at my dealer. I had gotten a quote online from the F&I fellow from N.J. for $1,440. Showed it to my dealer, that's when he said he would sell it to me for $1,400. Very pleased with the price. :cheers:

Sounds well worth it. Who is the F&I person from NJ?

Thanks

Isn't the 7yr/100K based on the time the vehicle is new rather than the time you buy the warranty? Does it really then amount to a 4 yr/100K? It's critical to buy the extended plat. warranty BEFORE the 3yr/36K expires. I believe you can still buy after it expires, but it costs a LOT more. FWIW, I paid $300 to extend my 3 yr/100K Lexus CPO platinum warranty to a 5 yr/100K platinum. The lexus warranty includes stuff like flatbed towing to the nearest lexus dealer, rental car/hotel reimbursement if you break down out of town, etc. List was $1800, but I bargained hard. :)

The original warranty starts from the in service date of the vehicle - 36 mo for the LC, or 36K miles whichever comes first. As Jim mentioned, get the extended warranty from TFS before the original warranty expires - get the Platinum with 0 deductible. The Toyota web site has info.

You can buy the TFS warranty from any Toyota or even Lexus dealer, some advertise discount prices. TFS and LFS are the same source (TFS).

I think you made the better choice with the LC over the LX based on your description in the other thread. An excellently maintained vehicle is hard to turn down. Congratulations.

The original warranty starts from the in service date of the vehicle - 36 mo for the LC, or 36K miles whichever comes first. As Jim mentioned, get the extended warranty from TFS before the original warranty expires - get the Platinum with 0 deductible. The Toyota web site has info.

You can buy the TFS warranty from any Toyota or even Lexus dealer, some advertise discount prices. TFS and LFS are the same source (TFS).

I think you made the better choice with the LC over the LX based on your description in the other thread. An excellently maintained vehicle is hard to turn down. Congratulations.

Thanks, should be picking her up Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom