Window Tinting Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The tinting on my wifes 80 has started to go bad. It has started to get ripples on it. I think this is just the factory tinting on the drivers/and passenger doors. I think it will need to be removed and replaced.

Anybody have a recommendation of place or a person I could take it to? I hate to just drive into some random place, knowning that I will likely get the guy who started yesterday.

Jared

sjpitts said:
The tinting on my wifes 80 has started to go bad. It has started to get ripples on it. I think this is just the factory tinting on the drivers/and passenger doors. I think it will need to be removed and replaced.

Anybody have a recommendation of place or a person I could take it to? I hate to just drive into some random place, knowning that I will likely get the guy who started yesterday.

Jared

Tinting by Dana
480-833-5034
480-980-7925

I've had this guy do several cars. Including the problematic 66 Mustang fastback rear glass in one piece.:bounce:

He'll come to you, fair prices.

n00b here -- where are you in AZ? If you're in the PHX area, R&L Window tint at the corner of 52nd St. & McDowell right near Papago Park. Excellent work and very good prices. They use Global window tint -- it's the best stuff I've used and I have it in three of my vehicles. 602 413-5051. Ask for Rob.

Ed

If you're in Tucson send me a PM, I have a friend that owns a shop and is very fair to fellow 4x4ers I send his way.. MAKE SURE you get metallic tint (not dyed) and remove the old stuff yourself (not on the rear window though, have them do that) to save a good chunk of change... To remove it, just use a razor with the handle to be safe and some water/soap... Most should peal off and it shouldn't take more then 10 minutes a window.. The tint places HATE doingit so they will charge good money to do it for you!

As a side note, factory tint doesn't go bad, it's in the glass...

Ammonia makes the removal much easier, and is the reason you're not supposed to use Windex on film-tinted windows.

-Spike

I recommend Desert Window Tinting (480) 464-7611. He did my LX 450 and Magnum, I found his work to be excellent. He uses Solarflex which is supposed to be the best reflective material and it's guaranteed. I called everyone in the yellow pages and he had the best deal. If you have two cars he'll take 25% off the second. The down side is you have to take the vehicle to his shop and he is located on McKellips and Mesa Dr.

Thanks for the recommendations. I was able to remove the old tint with a razorblade. Once started, it peeled off pretty easily. Then I removed the adhesive with some goof-off and window cleaner. It was pretty easy.

I will probably give one these guys a call and get it replaced.

Jared

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom