leaking shock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was under my Cruiser, doing the mall cruiser mod…. Actually I was re-installing the running boards for the pregnant wife. When I noticed what looks like a leaking shock. I raised the vehicle, and sure enough it goes up under the dust shield. Anyone had a similar problem with OME shocks with less than a years use?
These are the OME N101’s. Should I replace only the bad one or both?
BTW, we have killer speed bumps at the mall! lol
Dean
leakingshock.JPG
leakingshock1.JPG

Dean,
Just had the left side rear OME shock replaced, the car was in for its 30K km service and one of the guys notice it was starting to go. luck it was still under warranty.
Steven

You just put those on there. :frown: They should be replaced at manufacturer's expense.

You must have been abusing those things Austrailian style. :D

Exactly how many miles on the defective unit?

I've seen several leaking OME shocks. Mostly they were badly abused, not mall cruised;)

Those don't look too bad... You sure they are leaking?

My N101C (comfort) get very weak after 18 months of light use. ARB USA replace it for free with Heavy Duty set N101.

I am still have not put it back on though. I am using KYB and would go with Bilstein next time around.

I’m pretty sure it’s leaking. When I noticed it I jacked up the cruiser to have a better look. The picture shows the shock lifted up, and you can see the dirt & wet looking (dark) area. This is up under the shocks dust shield, and extends down to the bottom when sitting on the ground.
I’ll call Mr. Slee tomorrow.

I Don't drive it hard as it's only a 2004 model, just the average 100 series drivering, to work and the mall etc
IMG_1893.jpg

91.jpg

2005_1023Image0045.jpg

:rolleyes:

BUSTED100 said:
I Don't drive it hard as it's only a 2004 model, just the average 100 series drivering, to work and the mall etc

:rolleyes:

Nothing but routine... eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom