AHC Fluid Exchange (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Many shops don’t want to touch a functioning AHC system, which mine fortunately is. Any recommendations for a fluid exchange? I was going to get some spacers out on the front too, but that requires messing with AHC which again seems to be an issue, particularly with lines, and is perhaps not worth it for 3/4” of droop. I would still like to refresh the fluid as I have heard that improves ride so any recommendations are appreciated.

from the threads I have seen in the 200 section, it seems like something you could do yourself if you're up for it

Thank you, I reached out to them!
from the threads I have seen in the 200 section, it seems like something you could do yourself if you're up for it
I appreciate it and you’re not wrong, definitely doable! I looked into it and the issue is both tools and timing at the moment. I am having other work done, some of which is definitely out of my skill and tool range. UCA/LCA replacement, body mount chop, rear shock drop bracket, panhard bar, extended brake lines, power steering pump replacement, and maybe front spacers. Looks like I’ll be doing rustoleum and install of the skids myself which also will eat up a day or two that could be doing AHC.

Trying to get all this done before Relic Run. Are you going?

Thank you, I reached out to them!

I appreciate it and you’re not wrong, definitely doable! I looked into it and the issue is both tools and timing at the moment. I am having other work done, some of which is definitely out of my skill and tool range. UCA/LCA replacement, body mount chop, rear shock drop bracket, panhard bar, extended brake lines, power steering pump replacement, and maybe front spacers. Looks like I’ll be doing rustoleum and install of the skids myself which also will eat up a day or two that could be doing AHC.

Trying to get all this done before Relic Run. Are you going?
Rear shock drop bracket? What's that? Or moving the bottom shock bolt up 2" to what the other guys running 37s have done?

Rear shock drop bracket? What's that? Or moving the bottom shock bolt up 2" to what the other guys running 37s have done?
Correct! I wrote shock drop and meant panhard bar. The panhard bar relocation kit lowers it on the frame side.

I am prepping for 37s once these Kendas wear out.

Last edited:
Correct! I wrote shock drop and meant panhard bar. The panhard bar relocation kit lowers it on the frame side.

I am prepping for 37s once these Kendas wear out.
Oh okay. I went with the bracket that's welds to the axle side lifting it up. Made a difference for sure with the amount of lift I was dealing with

Oh okay. I went with the bracket that's welds to the axle side lifting it up. Made a difference for sure with the amount of lift I was dealing with
Good stuff! Nice to get real feedback you saw a noticeable difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom