Diablo drop after recent rains.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com

Well thats a mess. Nature wins again!

I wonder what broken axle canyon trail looks like at the bottom. A ton of water must have gone right through that trail draining into fish creek.

I have pictures of the dropoff several years ago when it looked very similar. I'll see if I can find them.

I am not clear on where the water is coming from. If I am remembering correctly, the top of the dropoff sits on a plateau with lower ground all around, not next to higher ground that could create that amount of runoff.

Here are the road conditions for the rest of the park report from the State Park website:

gimme a D6 and 2 hours and it'll be perfect again

Let the crazy people drive it and get it handled first

Thanks for posting, I've been curious what its looking like in general in the desert after Kay... should be a fun year with some new obstacles. Hopefully some of the graded roads are back to "normal" again!! ; )

Looks like Death Valley and Nevada

I need an Anza tip soon

I have pictures of the dropoff several years ago when it looked very similar. I'll see if I can find them.

I am not clear on where the water is coming from. If I am remembering correctly, the top of the dropoff sits on a plateau with lower ground all around, not next to higher ground that could create that amount of runoff.

I finally found the pictures I was looking for. These were from 2012 of some random person (not me). Courtesy of @619TOY. I went down this a short time later in my 80 series, very sketchy. My buddy wouldn't do it and opted to go all the way around to S2 and up to 78 to Split Mtn. I wasn't about to try to go back up.

IMG950915.jpg

IMG950917.jpg

IMG950918.jpg

Reactions: KTP
I finally found the pictures I was looking for. These were from 2012 of some random person (not me). Courtesy of @619TOY. I went down this a short time later in my 80 series, very sketchy. My buddy wouldn't do it and opted to go all the way around to S2 and up to 78 to Split Mtn. I wasn't about to try to go back up.

View attachment 3184647

View attachment 3184648

View attachment 3184649
After going down I would've went and bought a lottery ticket, but that's me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom