Stranded Rock Springs WY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We Are Straded In Rock Springs, Wy. We Need An Alternator. To Keep On To Kansas. Can Anyone Help?

If You Can Call Nick At 208 559 1923

Joe

Hi Joe & Nick. I'm about 5 hours away, in CO.

Last Summer, I was able to buy an alternator from NAPA, (delivered within a few hours). I can get one and overnight it, if no one else can help. You can even stop here on your way through.

Let me know.

Hi Joe & Nick. I'm about 5 hours away, in CO.

Last Summer, I was able to buy an alternator from NAPA, (delivered within a few hours). I can get one and overnight it, if no one else can help. You can even stop here on your way through.

Let me know.
Thanks. We thought it might be the Voltage Regulator. And the toyota shop found one on a dusty shelf somewhere so we swaped it in. No good. The Alternator works, it just doest charge well enough to run lights or anything else. Apparently we are in some sort of geographicall oddity. 6 days from everywhere.

We may try and drive only in the day time, and try and make it to Denver where they have them instock. Only problem is, if the alternator goes completely we could be in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.

Unless you're driving at night, you shouldn't have a problem with the truck running. I drove my 55 this summer with no alternator 250 miles and mostly at night.

I met a guy a few years ago (who is probably quite infamous) for having a bad alternator in his FJ45. He just charged the battery when he got home, otherwise it ranit like this for years, including a few trips to Moab.

Napa should be able to get one for you in a day or two. According to google, there's one in Rock Springs...

.NAPA Auto Parts Unlimited 307-382-2442
775 Uinta Drive
Rock Springs WY 82901

napa should've been able to get one next day out of salt lake...........and they might be open monday......memorial weekend, dunno. good luck

if you are concerned see if you can get a cheep spare battery. and just keep it in the back, just in case.

So - are you still stuck in Rock Springs? What do you think is wrong with the cruiser? Bad alt or bad voltage reg? It wasn't clear what part your trying to get. Did you also check the battery? I'm in Steamboat Springs a few hours away - but I don't have any spares of what you'd need - sorry.

John

Not to revive a dead thread, but the Cruiser made it back. Alternator kicked out enough juice to make it to Denver (daylight, no radio, blower motor, etc) where an alternator was available....swapped it in and problem solved. It is now resting comfortably in KS.

Grin. And I was thinking it took you 12 years to drive from Wyoming to Kansas. Though with a 6x thats not quite impossible to concieve of.

Glenn in Marana

Grin. And I was thinking it took you 12 years to drive from Wyoming to Kansas. Though with a 6x thats not quite impossible to concieve of.

Glenn in Marana
It continued to serve with great distinction for many more years in NYC and DC. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom