killed in action (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cruise different forums as a way to pass the time and try to avoid reading actual news. Unfortunately I do see the headlines sometimes and read a bit. The subject of our fallen soldiers has been an issue that has gotten to me in light of the politicizing. One of the issues is a statement to a grieving widow supposedly made by our illustrious leader. To paraphrase; "He knew what he was getting into when he signed up". The young man most likely did know the risks when he signed up and that makes him and all the others even more respected and honorable. I would like the parents of these young men to know that their sons and daughters are appreciated and respected in spite of what an orange buffoon or any other asswipe politician says to get their name in the news. I looked up the address of the parents of one soldier but do not want to just send a letter from some unknown person. Is there any private non governmental organization like a veterans group that lets these parents know that the death of their loved one means more than just a sound bite. We are going on about combat non combat but I haven't seen anything about dying. Any info or suggestion of how to go about letting the gold star families know that there are those that care is welcome. Or maybe we should start one.

I would say send the letter, people like to hear from those that care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom