OEM factory toyota flood light wiring question FJC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
I have a 2010 with the factory air dam and the hella 500 spot lights. OEM Toyota switch and harness that goes through the roof.

I am looking to upgrade my roof rack in the near future, but im not sure to what quite yet.

My question is that if i change the lights i have to something like 4x LED spots or an LED bar, can I use the factory button, harness, wiring that was already hooked up to go to the hella 500's. LED's use less power so they would draw less and i would not need to change anything? i don't know...

I really like the way its set up, but im not sure about electronics watts, amps etc. would i need to change the fuse or upgrade the wiring? or can i just wire my new lights into the plug that comes up through the roof?

So i looked it up and hella 500’s are 55w. So 2x55w =110w total.

So if i went with something like 6x18w for 108w total without changing anything.

Seems like there is a ton of “18w” leds lights available. Anyone know if they are true to that rating? 6 of them pushing it? Seems like it would work

6x 1800 lm for 10800 lm total, seems like right at 20-24’ bars are rated for with 120w.

That way if i do burn out fuses i can take a couple off.

Any thoughts?

SORRY IM A NOOB AND FJC FORUM DONT HELP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom