Best 16" Tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks everyone. I ordered the Michelin LTX M/S 275/70-HR16. I was advised going with anything other than stock and so stuck with the OE equipment. I imagine these will be good but I am very intrigued by the M/S 2's and if I was more adventurous would have ordered them.

Update on the Grabbers...over the past three years I have had a total of 6 of these pieces of s*** on my LC. 4 were new purchased from Discount Tire two were replaced under warranty due to catastrophic side wall failure. Currently is a third that will be returned tomorrow due to ... take a guess. If you guessed side wall failure you would be correct. I will be taking these off my rig and getting something else.

My grabbers get flat spots, and don't balance well. I should take them off my vehicle and sell them before the side walls blow out.

My grabbers get flat spots, and don't balance well. I should take them off my vehicle and sell them before the side walls blow out.

Lol. Get a release signed by the buyer. There is a reason discount tire stopped selling this tire.

Did your tires blowout on the road or trail.

Two on the road and one on the trail. The road failures were both at speed. Scary stuff.

Thanks for the info.

Another vote for Coopers. Still loving my S/T Maxx, saw a new set of ATP getting put on a guys 4Runner while I was having the wife's HTP rotated on her 4Runner and they looked awesome. Still incredibly impressed with all the Coopers we have owned.

Last edited:
St-max looks like a good all around tire, I like the 3 ply sidewalls.

St-max looks like a good all around tire, I like the 3 ply sidewalls.
Has been great for me, have nearly 15k on mine and they are still just as quiet as the day I purchased them. For an XT/MT type tire I was, and still am, completely surprised at how quiet they are on the road. The overall road manners are just as good as any aggressive AT I have driven and the ST are only as loud as a normal AT. I have aired them down a couple times and they did perfectly though I will warn you that due to the Armor-Tek 3 ply sidewall they are a bit stiff when aired down and heavy. Even talking with the manager at the local Discount Tire he said he recommends them constantly to people that are looking for a bit more aggressive AT tire but don't want to go full-on MT. Placed next to something like a Toyo MT they look just as aggressive.

Here you go!

iphone-20161207_22.jpg

iphone-20161207_21.jpg

Lol. Get a release signed by the buyer. There is a reason discount tire stopped selling this tire.
Are you guys referring to the General Grabber AT2 or one of the other grabbers

General grabber at2

Other than a bad memory, I don't recall anything but General Grabber...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom