Thick/heavy mud flaps, hot-dipped & modified recovery hooks (bolted through chassis rails), solidly mounted hot-dipped towbar, and aftermarket greaseable shackles (stock dimensions).
lostmarbles

Thick/heavy mud flaps, hot-dipped & modified recovery hooks (bolted through chassis rails), solidly mounted hot-dipped towbar, and aftermarket greaseable shackles (stock dimensions).

Lostmarbles, would it be a better idea to put the mudflaps right behind the tires to keep th e mud from sliging up into rear inside frame railing which is where these are prone to rusting? Mine had them right behind the wheels in which I am going to replace them with better flaps.

Roberto

I think it is best to leave ready-access so you can get in there with a hose Rob. I think the way you propose would inhibit access and require a "less-clean" mounting method for your mudflaps. (IE. - more complicated)

Having the right "grade" of rubber is important too. It needs to be heavy + floppy. (Light or stiff material is hopeless.) Look at what the big rigs use!

Media information

Album
1979 BJ40-KCQ - Rolling restoration
Added by
lostmarbles
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename