20200506_171421.jpg
thebeedeegee

20200506_171421.jpg

well, the end of my finger is pointing at the top the breather. you will see it if you zoom in. cap is black

Awesome! I found it! How do you unstop the breather? I’m having the same issue as you with my CV and was thinking to clear the breather, drain and fill the diff and see if it still leaks.

I bought the seal today and am picking up the snap rings tomorrow (ordered two of the stock rings and two of the size up) just in case I need to replace it.

And which method did you use to change the seal? Anything you learned that you wish you knew?

Awesome! I found it! How do you unstop the breather? I’m having the same issue as you with my CV and was thinking to clear the breather, drain and fill the diff and see if it still leaks.

I bought the seal today and am picking up the snap rings tomorrow (ordered two of the stock rings and two of the size up) just in case I need to replace it.

And which method did you use to change the seal? Anything you learned that you wish you knew?

That cap should pop up if you pull on it a little I think. It's supposed to pop when pressure builds in the diff but mine was super tight. I'm going to rerun it with 1/4" fuel line to a higher point near the fire wall and remove that cap. A lot of guys put a little fuel filter on the end to keep crud out.

The one thing I didn't try was putting some of the ATP AT-205 in the diff to see if it would stop the leak. Maybe swap the diff fluid and add some of that first. It says it can take about 500 miles to start working though so if the leak is pretty bad I'd just swap the seal.

it wasn't easy but wasn't that bad either. Really I had all the trouble trying to get the seal out. It only took about 2 hours to get to the point where I was looking at the seal, but I was really slow taking apart and securing the brake caliper and ABS wire so i didn't damage it. Take pictures of how the ABS wire is routed when taking it off(it connects down near the tie rod on the wheel). It took me a bit to get it back together correctly with all the little mounts. I also disconnected the ABS wires under the hood (per OTRAMs video) and fished them out and down the wheel area. This allows you to drop the knuckle without pulling the ABS sensor out of the wheel, mine was stuck and I didn't want to break it.

I loosened the upper ball joint and popped it with a small hammer. Once that is done and the caliper and tie rod are removed the knuckle can pivot down. I had to wrestle with the CV a bit, but I was able to get it out without popping the lower ball joint.

Media information

Album
diff breather
Added by
thebeedeegee
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device