Splash guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I bought my truck it was missing the plastic splash guard that is located just aft of the front skid. I checked replacement cost and it was high as expected. I was not able to find a used one at a reasonable cost but did find a Chinese replica on eBay for a reasonable amount. I bought the item and it arrived today. Pretty amazing given it's been barely over a week since I made payment and it shipped from China. I was a little worried it would be flimsy but I have to say it feels as rugged as I remember it being on my previous 2000 Land Cruiser. What I need now are the proper fasteners to secure it to the chassis. Can someone provide a count on the number of bolts / screws that hold this baby in place? I think there may be two types of fasters.
TIA

Six fasteners, I think they are 8 or 10mm. They have a 12 or 14mm head. The smaller ones on the rear with the metal clips are not utilized on mine. I cannot make sense of what it is supposed to hook to.

Pleas link to ebay post. I need to replace mine and don't want to pay OEM prices

Here is a link to the eBay seller. The price has risen slightly since I purchased it a few months ago. eBay splash guard

8x bolt w/washer.
Toyota P/N: 90119-08862
All eight are the same.
They are a 12mm hex head bolt. Not sure thread size, but same as most other 12mm hex head bolts on the vehicle. Same as the ones for the front skid.

I have not installed mine yet as I am in the process of cleaning up my chassis of surface rust etc. Will install once I have the area undercoated

I'm looking at this for an '01 LC...any reason it wouldn't fit? From what I've read, and the listing of years (noteably for LX only...) I figure its going to work great...out of stock at the moment, but I see a sale on EBAY from March.... hopefully back in stock in a few weeks...

I may be kicking myself, but I put a front skid on my LX, and threw away the OEM metal one as well as this plastic one. My plan is to add the next two ASFIR skids under the truck. Did I screw up by throwing away this plactic one or do either of the other two ASFIR skids take it's place?

I may be kicking myself, but I put a front skid on my LX, and threw away the OEM metal one as well as this plastic one. My plan is to add the next two ASFIR skids under the truck. Did I screw up by throwing away this plactic one or do either of the other two ASFIR skids take it's place?

They take it's place

2 intact wings, unicorn status

My stock "plastic thingy" still has it's wings (for now) and all of the bolts are installed. It's pretty beat up so not sure how long they will last

I found that my "wings" are also broken and was thinking going the same route.

Do you have a detailed write-up about this? After the time passed, would you something differently from this prototype?
I didn't do a write up, but basically I power washed and then did a thorough degreasing of it. Then I cut the aluminum to the shapes I needed and drilled through for the fasteners. It's not in the pictures, but after I got it done and verified it fit, I gave it a couple coats of undercoating on the road side of it. If i were going to do it again, I would probably use thicker aluminum and tap the holes so it looked cleaner.

Is this the plate which goes under the oil filter?..

I need one as mine is missing

I didn't do a write up, but basically I power washed and then did a thorough degreasing of it. Then I cut the aluminum to the shapes I needed and drilled through for the fasteners. It's not in the pictures, but after I got it done and verified it fit, I gave it a couple coats of undercoating on the road side of it. If i were going to do it again, I would probably use thicker aluminum and tap the holes so it looked cleaner.
I was thinking to have the fasterners flushed at the same level as the splash guard so their heads doesn't scratch the frame ( another rust spot potential).

Would rivets do the job? What fasteners did you use?

I tentatively glued the parts with epoxy, but this will not hold probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom