New Member Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very nice to see this 45 Forum! Don't know how I missed it before ...but the last time I checked in around here was a couple years ago.

I'm in the market for a long bed p/u and was when I found MUD a couple years back. Wound up finding an FJ60 that was way too perfect to pass up. I bought it in California and shipped it back home to Alaska. Very, very nice example of a 60 but after a couple years I'm realizing that nice or not it's still not what I was looking for in the first place.

Now it's time. I've got a couple of 45's I've been considering and they're both previously restored west coast trucks. I'm amazed at some of the restoration talent in this forum but sadly, I have none (and know it). I spoke w/ one member here a couple years ago and was planning to buy a mustard resto 45 from him at that time (unbenownst to him) when I ran across the 60 and caved.

Might just step up to the plate over the spring break holiday w/ a trip down stateside to make a choice. In the meantime I'm really enjoying your posts and will be lurking regularly.

...and I agree, Buck. Beautiful job and you're getting it done pdq. On a related note I've got a TC24D which it looks like you're familiar with. Great little rig and I'll be on it in about 15 mins. blowing the driveway clear.

welcome, this thread is new-ish, in this past year or so. im sure theres plenty of people that will be ableto help you out

Welcome to the forum legion. I may be coming up to alaska (driving) in August for a Moose hunt (BOW). Maybe I can help you out.

Cheers

Mikesta said:
Welcome to the forum legion. I may be coming up to alaska (driving) in August for a Moose hunt (BOW). Maybe I can help you out.

Thanks ...and I you. Uh, except for the packing. That loud 'bang' noise makes my back hurt. Good luck nailin' bullwinkle.

And 74: Thank you, Sir.

Tomorrow I fly out of here and am heading stateside to peek at a 45 or three. If I can negotiate a decent deal on what I've heard about and seen pics of ...it'll be in my garage soon. As much as you all have documented the 45's out there it'll probably be old hat to see a pic of what I drag home.

We'll see. Back in a few days.

Let us know if you score a 45 - sent pics!

Cool...Another Alaskan. Where are you located? I haven't seen too many 45s up here so it would be cool if you got one...Oh and welcome to Mud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom