Philippines 45 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys just posting some progress on my 45 being built in the Philippines. My mechanics answer to every question of how long is one month (hes had the truck about 6 months now). Heres a little progression of the build.

First up is the day I bought her B motor, 4spd tranny, parts from at least 6 years we could identify. Still not that bad looking.
75-2.jpg

Cab after firewall rebuild to return colomn to stock and 40 some odd years of parts modification (Any vehicle more than 5 years old here has parts from something entirely different because it was cheaper of avalible when needed or both)
524515_196496240464360_1418104465_n.jpg

Bong the master mechanic/restorer doing some frame repair. An angle grinder and an arc welder are the most advanced tools used during the rebuild, including sheet metal repair! 99% of the work is with basic hand tools.

560696_197128040401180_68938368_n.jpg

As she sat today, suspention hung, waiting on plumbing, wiring, 4pt cage and seats, and a roof. Bongs answer of how long to complete.......1 more month lmao. The tire at the rear wheel well is a 33 with the rear axle almost on the ground. Looking like I'll be putting it on 37x12.50R17 M/T's

IMG_0027.jpg

So, your saying time goes slower over there. It does in most countries like that.

Post some more pics of the build though. Sheet metal looks really straight.

You're gonna love that 13B-T. The power AND the mileage.

Hood finished. I'll try and find some more he does alot of work while I'm away at work and doesn't take alot of pictures.

DSC02186.jpg

What sort of bed is that [with the filler]?

As far as I know it is a shortened 45 bed. The truck came riding on a modified fj40 frame and the filler was a po mod for a frame mounted fuel tank. The cab was also modified to remove the stock filler neck. I really like that mod as it keeps me from sitting on my fuel lol. Not a whole lot original left on the truck but it's being built to suit me and hopefully my grandkids will be driving it one day.

I see it has a shackle reversal, but what kind of shackles are those on the other end ?

That bed is very not stock but I like it. Hand made wheel humps, front wall from some other vehicle. Actually I think the whole bed is from another vehicle and sides were grafted on that resemble 45 sides. Looks great. I am doing the filler on the side as well. Actually two of them for dual tanks. Now I know what it should look like :cool:

Got a deal on 37x12.50r16.5 goodyear wrangler m/t hmmwv tires and a set of rims. Pics tommorow.

That bed is very not stock but I like it. Hand made wheel humps, front wall from some other vehicle. Actually I think the whole bed is from another vehicle and sides were grafted on that resemble 45 sides. Looks great. I am doing the filler on the side as well. Actually two of them for dual tanks. Now I know what it should look like :cool:

I'll try and get some better pictures of the filler hole and door next time I'm in cabanatuan. Maybe tommorow if I go drop off the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom