Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lentelconstruction.com
Anyone interested in a group buy of engines and trannys from Japan? Right now my contact is looking into 13BT's with the H55 tranny. He is able to get other engines and trannys as well if these don't interest you. He would like to have a group of 10 committ so we can get solid pricing. I should know next week what 'solid' pricing is. All items are tested before they are shipped. Good reputation.

If you are seriously interested in this please PM me. I don't have a business. I am not doing this to make any profit. This is a one time deal! This is strictly a group buy to keep the cost down for all who are interested. So far I have serious interest from 4 individuals. Please, serious individuals only.

I hope to have more information next week.

Greg and I have talked about this off and on for a while and thanks to his contacts and constant searching this is actually going to happen. I am 100% on board with it and making sure that it is something that is done right.

Ok if I can get another 13BT with a (confirmed) mileage of 100,000 km and ZERO play on the impeller shaft for 3500 to my door I am in ,4500 withH55f CASHCASH CASH

I will ask him about it John. He imports many different Japanese parts. He is not a Landcruiser only guy, although he is smart enough to own one.

Interest has been good. Got a number of PM's. Hope to have some idea of costing in the next week or so. When I know, I will PM those who have shown interest. Thanks everyone. Hopefully we can together get the prices where we want them.

An update on the importing. Getting the pricing is taking a little longer than expected. Please be patient as the order list is a good size. This will help us get the costs down. For those who are looking for non Toyota engines...not a problem. I will get pricing on those as well.

As stated before, I will PM the prices to the individuals who have PM'ed me and you can make a decision from there. Once we have the pricing, there will be a deadline with a deposit. Remember 'Money talks, Bullsh*t walks".

Just an update. I am putting together a final list of what items people want pricing on. The cut off is this Tuesday evening, April 8. I have been told that once the list is sent to the supplier in Japan, I will have pricing in a week or less. For those of you who are interested but have not PM'd me, do so by Tuesday evening.

Thanks for being patient everyone. We are still waiting for some pricing. I want to be able to PM the prices of the various parts to everyone at the same time. The high demand of 13BT's is slowing the pricing a bit. The supplier is searching around for more 13BT's to meet our demand. As we all know, it's a popular engine and with the interest being higher than anticipated, it is taking a little longer to locate them. I really am hoping that if we are patient it will pay for all of us.

I have some discouraging news regarding the group buy. It isn't going to work out. This is the second time in the last year that I felt like I was getting close only to have the supplier back out. The previous time I was dealing with an exporter in Japan and had engines lined up. When it came to sealing the deal he backed out due to some issues with Japan Customs.

This last deal was with a local importer. There was a great response from those wanting 13BT's. I was confident the buy was going to work, but was told this week that it is too difficult to arrange for a large number of 13BT's. I don't know why the sudden change in thought. Maybe some of the exporters and local importers don't want to see a large number imported at once. Maybe they want to control the market. That is my only thought as to why things have changed. If so, they aren't much different than Mr. Pattison and his car dealing buddies.

Thank you to all those who responded positively to the group buy. I hope some one else will try and have more success with this in the future.

I was wondering what happened to you. What about all the other engines and/or transmissions other then 13BTs? did he back out all together and is not interested in bringing anything over or is it just the 13BT engines?

He isn't interested in bringing any large quantities of engines in. He is only wanting to do it one at a time. Doesn't make sense to me. If there is demand you supply.

Matt, have you heard of Osaka Imports? They seem to have a too good to be true price on one of there engines.

what kind of contact were you using ? a friend of mine i have known for over 20 years just imported 4 jdm mini trucks (kie trucks) , he opened an account with a japanese broker and told him what he wanted he shared the the container shipping costs with another guy importing 3 kie trucks , he is on a fishing trip this wekend but i will talk to him when he gets back i was thinking about getting a grade 2 or lower hj61 as a parts truck just for the motor , his contact in japan may be able to set this up and may not need to have as many as 10 to ship back if the other guy wants to go in on shipping again .