ROTW Agent Oranges 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is going to be a shortened initial version of my ROTW, as im on vacation in NYC right now. When i get home in a couple days ill add some of my other pics and such.

My truck has been in my family for 18 years, so I have a lot of history with it. My dad bought it in 1990 with 16k on it. He had been looking for an SUV for a while and hadn’t liked the wagoneers or broncos of the time, when his cousin in Tennessee who worked at a dealership called him and said he had found the truck for him. He flew out and got it, and it has been a part of our family since then. Considering I was 2 years old when we got the truck, ive grown up driving in it. My dad and I used to go out in it whenever it snowed or flooded, so ive always been aware of the offroad prowess of the truck.

After i started school at VT, i finally got enough money together to throw a lift and some tires on it. This is pretty much how it sat after i finally worked the bugs out of the incomplete and partially junk JTO suspension kit (bluecruiser84 in pic).

truck1.jpg

I wheeled it a fair amount around tech before making my first trip to Paragon, where i learned how addictive the rocks can be. It became quickly apparent that i needed a lot of things to be able to keep up with the guys i wheel with (36s make you a small truck in my group). Im working with a college kids budget so i pick up good deals when i find them. Ive picked up a couple grand in parts for a fraction of that. So far ive taken the truck to paragon, rausch, crozet, tellico, and GWNF and its done great everywhere ive taken it.

Plans for additions in the immediate future are hydro steer with stock arms and a sleeved tie rod, bumpers and a belly pan made from the 60' of 1.75 DOM that i have waiting at my buddies, and lots of cutting to fit at least 36" swampers. I may SOA it as i can gather most of the parts from friends hand me downs, but if i can get away with my current ride height and bigger tires ill put the money towards something else.

Specs:

1988 FJ-62

- 240+ thousand miles
- rebuilt motor, trans, t-case
- fully desmogged
- All fresh OEM tune up parts
- K&N filter
- 4 core CCOT radiator
- Custom 2 ½ inch exhaust (2" downpipes, stamped 2 into 1 collector with 2.5" outlet, magnaflow cat, thrush muffler, pics in a couple days)
- JTO 3” springs
- 4+ 6” center shackles F/R, TG greasable bolts, OME greasable pins
- Rough country hydro shocks
- MAF 4” extended stainless brake lines
-1” MAF body lift
-Sierra 4.88 gears from Kurt, all new bearings/seals
- Poly performance axles (inners and outers)
- Torsen geared limited slip front, lockright rear
- Custom 1.75” DOM tube sliders
- ARP hub studs
- 4runner calipers
- knuckles and hubs rebuilt with new bearings, seals
- 34” Trxus MTs on black 15x10 rockcrawlers

Here are a couple of my favorite pics for the time being.

DSC00082.jpg

FallCrawlPrerun105.jpg

Nice lookin' rig. White 62's are cool! :cool: Looks like you are not afraid to use your front bumper. :cheers:

man I like your truck!!! I am still on college and wish that i had the college budget that you have.

Nice lookin' rig. White 62's are cool! :cool: Looks like you are not afraid to use your front bumper. :cheers:

Ill have to see if i have a pic of it now, i sawzalled it off at the edge of the framerails. I kept stuffing it up into the tires. It works pretty well, although i kinda drive by braille and the front end is a little too tender to be the leading edge.

The 4.88s work awesome in the rocks, its actually a little too low on the freeway, it would be about perfect on 35s.

And as requested, more pics on the rocks. I dont have as many as i would like, we are always wheeling so hard nobody stops to take pics!

DSC00081.jpg

Broken motor mount getting the strap on slickrock....

DSC00099.jpg

Rausch....

FallCrawlPrerun161.jpg

FallCrawlPrerun106.jpg

Early pic from crozet pre-sliders and body damage

ap018.jpg
FallCrawlPrerun159.jpg

Truck looks great! I love white 60s.

Do you get any rubbing with those 34" tires??

Truck looks great! I love white 60s.

Do you get any rubbing with those 34" tires??

Yes, and that is with the front edge of the fender rolled back and the inner chopped a fair amount. I need to drop the bumpstops like half an inch or something. Ive got plenty of uptravel.....

Very nice badass truck!

Yes, and that is with the front edge of the fender rolled back and the inner chopped a fair amount. I need to drop the bumpstops like half an inch or something. Ive got plenty of uptravel.....

Cool truck. All bidness. :smokin:

I'd love to see details of your fender roll and inner chop. Thats next for me.

On the bumpstops: I've been talking to Waggoner5 about the bumpstops he used on his white 62. They were direct bolt up. Here's what I have so far:

Waggoner5 said:
I used the Jeep Wrangler bumpstops and believe it or not they bolted right in. I think mine were 2".

euclid said:
Do you remember what jeep the bump stops were meant for?GT

Waggoner5 said:
The Wrangler model that was still leaf sprung and had rectangle headlights. 90 model? They make them in 3 different heights. I had the 3", but you may not need to go that low.

I haven't dug any further than that yet, but I will soon.

Cool truck. All bidness. :smokin:

I'd love to see details of your fender roll and inner chop. Thats next for me.

On the bumpstops: I've been talking to Waggoner5 about the bumpstops he used on his white 62. They were direct bolt up. Here's what I have so far:

Not to hijack your thread...but energy suspension sells poly bumps stops for cheap. I got a set for my crawler for $16/pr...they qre same bolt up as wrangler and cruisers. Pretty much anything with the 2 bolt design. pn 9.9137R

Thanks to both of yall for the info, ill have to throw some of those on there. My springs have settled a fair amount and while its really helped the flex i rub a little at full stuff where i didnt before.

Nice 62 and used properly!!!
Any pics of that exhaust would be great? Got me thinkin.

Nice 62 and used properly!!!
Any pics of that exhaust would be great? Got me thinkin.

I should be able to throw some up tommorow, ive got some pics of the downpipes and collector, but the computer that i can hook our camera up is at home, so i think we are going home tonight to get it among other things. I need to weld up a few pinholes so ill pull the whole thing out and take a picture on the floor. I might even give a comparison shot for s***s and grins, its pretty sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom