What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed some 2.5” springs, previously had 4” lift springs. Got rid of my 3” of rake in the back. Also got rid of “some” of the driveshaft vibration. Next is new u-joints. Top pic is with the 4” lift springs, bottom is after the 2.5” lift springs were installed

IMG_4940.png

IMG_4937.jpeg

IMG_4939.png

A set of snap on combination wrenches with flank drive plus on the open end is a must have for anyone working on vehicles.

Other than that if your not a pro mechanic making a living with tools than I would recommend you choose a brand that is agreeable to your wallet from a company that will warranty them. For example I buy kobalt because the lowes near me is great about warranties.
I would add a set of 3/8” drive Snap-On sockets and a ratchet to the above. As you are able to afford doing so, add some screwdrivers.

Tore down and got my rusty rear housing sandblasted to repaint and rehab.

Going to reinforce my ring gear and skid armor the bottom the housing when the prefab cheater parts come in..

I used a 2” plumbing fernco rubber fitting, 2” schedule 40 pipe/cap to keep sand from getting inside the housing/keep abrasive off the spindle and seal surface. Worked good to rotate the housing for paint on the sawhorses too..

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg

Last edited:
Assisted a family member in aligning the 80. It was a mess on the road after installing an adjustable front panhard but she is squared up now. With a bit of extra toe in, it's driving quite nicely.
CD7C0BC4-53D7-4192-B6B6-FF50A843C7C3.JPG

149D6492-ED5A-404A-8D59-A79394F0CB02.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom