Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had it delivered to my house from Culpepper, Va.

It was donated to a Vietnam Veterans charity; purchased at auction sight unseen. One owner for past 16 years.
97, 172k miles, lockers, tan interior. Interior is clean, underside is crusty.
Starts/run/drives. Low idle and sticking caliper in rear. Nothing desert tool can't complain about and fix.
image.png
image.jpeg

Wow! that is gorgeous!

Dropped it at CBT for care and nurturing, and some fixing too. :clap:

I ran into this "immobilizer" issue. I knew this day would come and I was prepared. I swapped out the 20A EFI fuse with a 30A fuse, and it started right away. It was good for 4 days, then it wouldn't start again. I was very lucky that both times happened at home. I started probing, found out that the 0.14V voltage drop between battery terminal and EFI relay caused it not to start. It started with no problem when I ran a jumper straight from the battery to the EFI circuit. I wired a new relay to bypass the factory EFI relay, it is working so far.

The fix has been working without any issue so far. My immobilizer fix - is the write up for the fix.

Accel pump boot was trashed.
pump boot.JPG
Hats off to Kristal from CBT for finding one, and getting in the mail fast.:cool:

pump boot 2.JPG

got the 40 through emissions today - passed :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2: :steer:

my secret for the past few years has been a trip out to the McDowell Mountain Park entrance before heading over to the testing station on Raintree

got the 40 through emissions today - passed :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2: :steer:

my secret for the past few years has been a trip out to the McDowell Mountain Park entrance before heading over to the testing station on Raintree

I use to hate taking my 68 thru emissions in October every year. August must be a killer in a non A/C FJ40. Just that alone would be a reason to look into classic insurance. Not sure if you can get five year registrations in the valley but just the emission's cost five times is more than I pay for registration for five years.

I use to hate taking my 68 thru emissions in October every year. August must be a killer in a non A/C FJ40. Just that alone would be a reason to look into classic insurance. Not sure if you can get five year registrations in the valley but just the emission's cost five times is more than I pay for registration for five years.

I don't want classic car insurance - it doesn't allow me to use the vehicle off-road, but I want to be covered for that

Take pictures, Kurt with cruiser outfitters can set you up with the right carb kit, pump included.

You bet :D

CARB60150.jpg

Sample contents of our carb kits. All include the accelerator pump and boot.

Explored a bit of Idano (mockery intentional) yesterday. Came across a creek I'd like to run up, but closer inspection shows those tracks are quad sized, not truck sized. Sigh. But there is an old mine or horse camp hidden above the creek, barely visible in the second image, mid left. Now to find a way to get there, without buying a quad ... lol.

IMG_6175.jpg
IMG_6176.jpg

I test drove the Cruisers under the new driveway shade I installed myself this weekend. Big shout out for the frequent help from LandcruiserPhil!

Made by a local company in Tempe named Absolute steel. I would recommend it if anyone is looking into one. Shade Canopy : Multiple Uses : 20 Year Warranty

0828161541.jpg

put a solar motion led light under the peak

0828161934.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom