2024 Land Cruiser announcement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nah...Toyota keeps that info close to the vest at this stage. I've heard through rumor that around $50k...?

Hey murf! Yeah, an intentionally vague "mid-50's" was what Toyota announced during the reveal event. My guess is that's for the most entry level vehicle with almost zero options. I'm expecting a fully loaded '24 to easily hit the $70K+ mark (leather, larger dash screen, etc.). That's still significantly less than the fully loaded 200 series was going for at the end of it's run.

I think Toyota saw how popular the redesigned Ford Bronco became when released a couple years ago and wants to tap into that market. Giving an entry level option with cloth seats, etc. to keep the price down could really open up this up to many people who want the Land Cruiser name in their driveway but got sticker shock from an $85K+ vehicle that didn't have a BMW, Land Rover, etc. badge on it.

Hope all is well.

From what I can tell the new LC and GX will have a full length hatch not tailgate and hatch like previous LCs or swing open door like previous GXs. I already have two 4Runners and a Sequoia with a full length hatch. For off road and camping prefer my FJ62's setup.

From what I can tell the new LC and GX will have a full length hatch not tailgate and hatch like previous LCs or swing open door like previous GXs. I already have two 4Runners and a Sequoia with a full length hatch. For off road and camping prefer my FJ62's setup.
Tailgate for life!

Realistically, if they can reuse parts from other vehicles, such as sequoias or 4runners, it'll save them money. Who knows whether or not they'll pass the savings down the line though.

Realistically, if they can reuse parts from other vehicles, such as sequoias or 4runners, it'll save them money. Who knows whether or not they'll pass the savings down the line though.
I totally get it as I work in product development and reliability for a mining/equipment manufacturer. Commonality of design and part reuse considerations drive many of our decisions. I will miss the clam shell rear on the LC platform, but I also still think my 80s are wonderful. I think in the US, the 200 was our last real LC even though the Prado is all the rig we really need. I had a 4th Gen T4R for years alongside my 80s, and I found myself choosing it over the 80s if the trip involved long stretches of pavement. The T4R was 80% as capable as the 80, maybe more if I was willing to hammer on it. Ramble…getting back to the point…the single lift gate works fine and give more shelter from sun and rain, but you loose the work surface and sitting area that i love in the previous LCs.

I totally get it as I work in product development and reliability for a mining/equipment manufacturer. Commonality of design and part reuse considerations drive many of our decisions. I will miss the clam shell rear on the LC platform, but I also still think my 80s are wonderful. I think in the US, the 200 was our last real LC even though the Prado is all the rig we really need. I had a 4th Gen T4R for years alongside my 80s, and I found myself choosing it over the 80s if the trip involved long stretches of pavement. The T4R was 80% as capable as the 80, maybe more if I was willing to hammer on it. Ramble…getting back to the point…the single lift gate works fine and give more shelter from sun and rain, but you loose the work surface and sitting area that i love in the previous LCs.
I have a 60 series and a tundra. Trust me I entirely understand. I'm not sure why sitting in the cargo area of something like a 4runner is way less comfortable than the 60 or the tundra, but it really is.

I know the Prado which is what the GX is in other markets with a different engine had other rear door options. The new LC will have other engine options including a diesel which I'm guessing will come with other options for the back door. If they were trying save money a single engine transmission option would be a big saving. Little changes require different wiring looms. All power or all manual windows would be the cheapest route. My guess other markets will have manual windows. Not sure about manual transmission since the 70 series is still around. The 75 FJ40 was the last year a FST was offered in the US. Ambulance doors started 4/72 as an option in some markets. Hatch and barn doors continued for years after 74 in some markets. Hard doors on a soft top model was always an option on the FJ40 in some markets back to 1961. Back then production numbers were in the hundreds a year nothing like today. Not a huge deal change a few parts on the back of the body to change the door style. I wouldn't be surprised if a different door option will be used in other markets.

I know the Prado which is what the GX is in other markets with a different engine had other rear door options. The new LC will have other engine options including a diesel which I'm guessing will come with other options for the back door. If they were trying save money a single engine transmission option would be a big saving. Little changes require different wiring looms. All power or all manual windows would be the cheapest route. My guess other markets will have manual windows. Not sure about manual transmission since the 70 series is still around. The 75 FJ40 was the last year a FST was offered in the US. Ambulance doors started 4/72 as an option in some markets. Hatch and barn doors continued for years after 74 in some markets. Hard doors on a soft top model was always an option on the FJ40 in some markets back to 1961. Back then production numbers were in the hundreds a year nothing like today. Not a huge deal change a few parts on the back of the body to change the door style. I wouldn't be surprised if a different door option will be used in other markets.

All rear doors will be the same.

Found it interesting on Thursday Night Football last night a Toyota commercial showed the new Land Cruiser and guessing the new 4Runner. Land Cruiser is at least six months away. Not following the new 4Runner at all but believe it's not so to be released anytime soon. I also see the auto workers union starting picketing a jeep plant. Depends on how this all plays out can see greedy dealers add even more to the their market adjustment price when the LC is finally released. This is not good for buyers.

Just heard from one of our local Toyota dealerships.
2024 First Editions are set to be built this week (first week of March 2024) and put on a cargo ship sometime next week. Port arrival in April, port processing in April and May and dealer delivery in middle to end of May.
Two things I am curious about:
1. How much over MSRP will dealers sell them for?
2. How long will it take Toyota to sell all 5,000?

Just heard from one of our local Toyota dealerships.
2024 First Editions are set to be built this week (first week of March 2024) and put on a cargo ship sometime next week. Port arrival in April, port processing in April and May and dealer delivery in middle to end of May.
Two things I am curious about:
1. How much over MSRP will dealers sell them for?
2. How long will it take Toyota to sell all 5,000?
I saw a listing on Reddit not long ago for a Toyota dealer in Manhattan with a 20k markup and another with a 15k markup. I think there will be a few dealers that won't do that.

As most of us know, Toyota hasn't sold 5k Land Cruisers in the US in one year in a long time. First Edition is close to the same cost as a 200 series (maybe the earlier editions), so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom