Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seat covers:

I've used these on several vehicles and i can attest, they are bomb proof. Recently chatted with a csc'er about them and figured rather than pm them, I'd post em up here as it may benefit others who've seats cloth dering picking some up.

Custom High Quality Truck and SUV Seat Covers | Marathon Seat Covers

20160730_155755_zpsrj7ribhp.jpeg

20160730_161545_zpspetz6wlg.jpeg

20160730_155739_zpsqgtcsgbv.jpeg

20160730_161603_zps41jsj51h.jpeg

How do these hold up long term in the sun and heat, I have cheap tan ones I got from Cabela's that have faded and changed colors?

^^^ I had black ones in our fj for 8 yrs. 8 yrs of pretty good hi impact abuse with all the outting's and dogs, no fading, they wear like iron. When we were finally able to get them fully removed, took half an hour as the things fit like a condom, the seats looked show room. I believe the underside has some sort of water resistant material, yet they don't generate swamp ass. You can't go wrong for the price and look. Anyone is welcome to review mine if need be, to help determine if you should order.

Not sure the brand but bought some front seats cover used off EBay cheap for the front row of my 100 series. $40 with shipping. Then matched the middle row as good as I could. I sure those were cheaper than $190. Fit was excellent. Fooled Murf to thinking they were factory cloth seats. Front I had for six years and were used. Currently have seat covers on my Sequoia. Fooled a mudder thinking that they were factory cloth and wonder how I got a limited with cloth. Don't believe those were more than $200 a row.Was chatting with someone from a online place. Kept hinting about calling direct. Did and got a good discount. My FJ62 bought some cheap plain covers to protect the original seats from the dogs. Which they have done. If I had to do it all over again I would spend more and get covers that dress up the interior as well as protect the seats.

Just my .02

I got my kenwood double din and Audison amp swapped from my 3rd gen to my 100. Wow did it wake up those stock speakers. They sound pretty damn good. To bad it will probably be short lived. There lookin a bit crusty. Really easy install though.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I ran into this "immobilizer" issue. I knew this day would come and I was prepared. I swapped out the 20A EFI fuse with a 30A fuse, and it started right away. It was good for 4 days, then it wouldn't start again. I was very lucky that both times happened at home. I started probing, found out that the 0.14V voltage drop between battery terminal and EFI relay caused it not to start. It started with no problem when I ran a jumper straight from the battery to the EFI circuit. I wired a new relay to bypass the factory EFI relay, it is working so far.

EFI_jumper.jpg

EFI_relay.jpg

Last edited:
I ran into this "immobilizer" issue. I knew this day would come and I was prepared. I swapped out the 20A EFI fuse with a 30A fuse, and it started right away. It was good for 4 days, then it wouldn't start again. I was very lucky that both times happened at home. I started probing, found out that the 0.14V voltage drop between battery terminal and EFI relay caused it not to start. It started with no problem when I ran a jumper straight from the battery to the EFI circuit. I wired a new relay to bypass the factory EFI relay, it is working so far.

View attachment 1299587
View attachment 1299588

I've heard of this issue before, don't recall if there is a consensus permanent fix. Are these caused by bad, loose, worn fittings/wires order the fuse box?

Usually what is found that if you pull the fuse box assembly, take it apart, flip it upside down and what we have seen are those EFI spades/terminals on the underside are loose and burnt. Sometimes repair, sometimes replace the fusebox.

Usually what is found that if you pull the fuse box assembly, take it apart, flip it upside down and what we have seen are those EFI spades/terminals on the underside are loose and burnt. Sometimes repair, sometimes replace the fusebox.

Thanks, Murph. Is this at all like the 80's head gasket where some never see the problem and other do? Earlier years primarily or random through the 100 production years?

View attachment 1299587
View attachment 1299588

Did you clean all those relays before taking that picture?:clap:

Thanks, Murph. Is this at all like the 80's head gasket where some never see the problem and other do? Earlier years primarily or random through the 100 production years?
Very, very few of the 100's and earlier years. Usually will die at random times then restart later. I think we've seen 4 of these in 10 years. The first one was a bear to figure out because by the time we would see it, it would all be working fine. 80 head gaskets are a little more frequent I would say but still in the minority percentage of failure vs not.

No, I did not recommend any pm approach to this rare issue.

Last edited:

View attachment 1299587
View attachment 1299588

Is the working relay a factory part?

Nice! I got mine from Sam's, and they work great for what they are, capturing the dogs messy drinking, shoes, camping. LCP is right, for 20bucks you simply can not go wrong!

I kept the oak color Husky rear mat out of my 100 series and using it in my FJ62. Not the best fit but with the tall lip it works great keeping things like chainsaw oil from getting on the carpeting. Length is about the same. Some areas it!'s too wide but more areas it's not wide enough. Bought it used off mud for $40. If these $20 mats are available in brown I would replace the Husky mat. Any link to eBay? Also are pulling the rear carpet mats or putting these on top. No rear carpet in the FJ62 but my 4Runners have them. Guessing all the 100 series Front and middle row all weather mats that used to sell on eBay for around $35 long gone.

Well, this looks like something more suitable as a payload for NASA. I just couldn't see spending $70 for an insulated transit bag. :lol: I can't always have the fridge in the truck or shade. I'll find out later this week how it works out.

KfFAZtW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom