Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled the roof rack off of my "new to me" 2004 LC. Looking forward to future improvements.

Picked it up Wednesday. Only 133k miles. Yes, it's not the official CSC color.

Thanks to @medtro for tracking down a nice 100 series for me.

View attachment 1318904

That's MY official CSC color. Beautiful truck!

I have spent a lot of money on parts, but the actual work doesn't start until this weekend. On the 69 FJ40, I am replacing all the brake lines (original was 9mm), and doing a front and rear disc brake conversion using a master cylinder off a 94 FjZ80. Will post pics as I go.

On the piggy, just ordered a new battery box. If the disc brake conversion goes well on the 40, the pig is next.

New tires/wheels, I was running 315s on 16" wheels and wanted to step up to a 37 so I went with a 17" wheel for more options .
20160913_101427_zpsy90ctinw.jpg

20160617_124522_zpsuj5jbpds.jpg

Those Sequoia wheels look great with the beefy Toyo's. Any trimming or spacing needed?

Had windows tinted a couple of weeks ago..thanks Murf!
Added spacers to spare wheel holder & tucked the new 315 up in there higher/tighter
Next project: need a roof rack/basket!

Those Sequoia wheels look great with the beefy Toyo's. Any trimming or spacing needed?

It has 1.5" wheel spacers that I was using with the FJ Cruiser wheels I had on it before, I've heard that you can run these wheels without the spacer but it looks like it would be rubbing the frame in back to me. I don't anticipate much trimming but we'll see once I get it flexed out. I'm on 5" coils front and rear now, I will need lower my rear bump stops some.

Had the power steering pressure line remanufactured after a blowout. The shop built it into a nice rebuildable setup.
image.jpeg

The rubber sections can now be replaced independently and easily.

Raided Tim Hill's frames and axles for 10mm brake junctions and T's. Put them in parts cleaner overnight. Tomorrow I start putting in the new 10mm plumbing in the old 40.

BTW, Splitshot, Tim says hi.

Got my 100 detailed in and out for the first time since owning it. It was happy to receive a bath!

IMG_1341.JPG

It doesn't even look like the same truck now! Did they buff it for you too?
Yea I agree! They buffed it, shampooed the carpets and conditioned the leather!

I have spent a lot of money on parts, but the actual work doesn't start until this weekend. On the 69 FJ40, I am replacing all the brake lines (original was 9mm), and doing a front and rear disc brake conversion using a master cylinder off a 94 FjZ80. Will post pics as I go..

Please do, this is on my list as well.

Please do, this is on my list as well.

Sometimes I am a slow learner. I spent the better part of an hour just on the left front, trying to disconnect the old lines, and then it finally hit me. I am never going to use them again, so started cutting them. It went a lot faster after that

New tires/wheels, I was running 315s on 16" wheels and wanted to step up to a 37 so I went with a 17" wheel for more options .
20160913_101427_zpsy90ctinw.jpg

Very nice. I'm currently looking for these wheels myself for future upgrade. Well done.

Blew out the airbags on my gx (Prado). Even better was watching @murf jump when it literally blew out! :)

But I did let @Cruzrmama drive most the trail with no rear suspension.

Dang it @GOLDY , I wish I'd have known. I have an extra drivers side that I got with my 200. Much better though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom