What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In an attempt to get this forum more active I added this thread. Not many actual BBRC members on here anymore and only a few of us around. This may get some traction and get people motivated to get out and do something Cruiser related or just anything? I helped start this club over 20 years ago and hope that it keeps going.

I painted some wheels in the past few days for my recent 80 build: 94 Wildflower back to life - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/94-wildflower-back-to-life.1241733/

0CE54D6B-7F3D-4500-958F-4C534EB537F9.jpeg

255533ED-CCD5-495B-9814-06A4FA3077E4.jpeg

Looks great, Rob. Are the 80-series wheels chromed steel like the 60s or are they aluminum?

What paint did you use and how involved was surface prep?

Looks great, Rob. Are the 80-series wheels chromed steel like the 60s or are they aluminum?

They are aluminum.

I scuffed them up with a 3m pad and some emery cloth. Then clear coated first one coat, then color, then multiple clear coats. and yes aluminum.

Very nice, what are you going to do with the center section?

I have been slowly doing some maintenance and upgrading to my 40 over winter. After sitting in @matzell 40 at fall crawl I pulled the trigger on prp seats with Black Friday sale. I started installing them last weekend up until I pulled the seat out to weld a bracket and tripped on my 12v porta ban with a seat in hand. Trip to urgent care and then hospital for 3 stitches. Few years ago I would have jumped back up and glued my wound together and kept working. Not so much now. 4 days later I still feel like I got body slammed by Andre the giant. I still didn’t get them installed

E76B4ECD-D0A2-4CBE-AD38-B5CCD7F0DE07.jpeg

Very nice, what are you going to do with the center section?
I scuffed them and painted them silver. I found a thread on here as to what spray cans to use for different colors

Hey man thanks for posting. I don't have much time to get on here lately but try to as much as possible. Today I will be unboxing my new dissent rear bumper!
20210331_115206.jpg

I got my tires mounted and balanced and stuffed them on the stock suspension. I still have the lift kit to install but wanted to get them on to see the look.

i struggled with 305 vs 315. At this stage as a driver I decided on 305's. I bought a set of both sizes and decided literally saturday morning. As a driver the 305's work better and a 285 will fit as a spare. Plus I do not feel the need to re-gear. We will see how long this feeling last once I lift it.

FC8D6B80-F647-4A3E-8BD9-3C953DDA1274.jpeg

6C605632-4C6A-4CB4-8B89-30C5FB9033DD.jpeg

Rob -

I'm not going to post a picture of my 94FZJ because of the tears that would be shed by 80 series enthusiasts. It still runs but there's a crazy short that manifests itself about 2:00 am and the lights come on and the horn starts blowing...and the neighbors are overjoyed. I have to remove the wires from the negative post when I get back from a local errand like a recycling run. Hatteras Island is not kind to cruisers.

Anyway, I checked into Mud to see if I could find the old LCML digests and saw your posts. Good to know you guys are still keeping BBRC going. Say hi to the other relics [er, long time members for me...8^)]

Mike Fahey aka Bro. Bullfrog aka ClamHunter

Rob -

I'm not going to post a picture of my 94FZJ because of the tears that would be shed by 80 series enthusiasts. It still runs but there's a crazy short that manifests itself about 2:00 am and the lights come on and the horn starts blowing...and the neighbors are overjoyed. I have to remove the wires from the negative post when I get back from a local errand like a recycling run. Hatteras Island is not kind to cruisers.

Anyway, I checked into Mud to see if I could find the old LCML digests and saw your posts. Good to know you guys are still keeping BBRC going. Say hi to the other relics [er, long time members for me...8^)]

Mike!

Good to know you are still kicking!. You are a brave man to take a cruiser to go live at the beach. I have not been down that way in too long. Hope you are well and enjoy the sun rises. I always enjoyed watching the sun come up over the ocean.

Rob

Rob -

we go down every year and I always see trucks that have been down there their whole life. Makes you want to get a tetanus shot every year. lol I quit taking cruisers down there on trips. We will be there the end of the month.

we go down every year and I always see trucks that have been down there their whole life. Makes you want to get a tetanus shot every year. lol I quit taking cruisers down there on trips. We will be there the end of the month.
My 40 spent a few years in the Keys when the PO was stationed there while in the Coast Guard in the late 80's/early 90's.

replaced bent rear lower control arm with Slee SPC's.
unnamed.jpg

Did a trip to Hatteras and Ocracoke and accidentally slightly drove it into the ocean while taking a video 🤦‍♂️ (dont worry there zero cars or people around). So big cleaning and washout of the frame and suspension. Then stimmy checks got some 3M ceramic tint on the windows, 20 on the rear 50 on the front (i drive too much at night to go any darker plus dont like being pulled over) makes a YUGE difference on heat in the car with those billboard sized windows and they did an amp bypass for me too so no more buzzing noise inside. Other than that its been more stuff for the car than on it as everything on the 100 is actually pretty much working right now and somehow not leaking...(knock on wood).

Working on a utensil/kitchen caddy insert for my drawers, going to have a foam tray with cut outs for dishes underneath it. Need to put the sides on, sand, and stain/poly.
unnamed.jpg

replaced bent rear lower control arm with Slee SPC's.
View attachment 2646189
Did a trip to Hatteras and Ocracoke and accidentally slightly drove it into the ocean while taking a video 🤦‍♂️ (dont worry there zero cars or people around). So big cleaning and washout of the frame and suspension. Then stimmy checks got some 3M ceramic tint on the windows, 20 on the rear 50 on the front (i drive too much at night to go any darker plus dont like being pulled over) makes a YUGE difference on heat in the car with those billboard sized windows and they did an amp bypass for me too so no more buzzing noise inside. Other than that its been more stuff for the car than on it as everything on the 100 is actually pretty much working right now and somehow not leaking...(knock on wood).

Working on a utensil/kitchen caddy insert for my drawers, going to have a foam tray with cut outs for dishes underneath it. Need to put the sides on, sand, and stain/poly.
View attachment 2646192
nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom