Retrofit HID's and TSX Projectors into my LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my case, in other cars with factory HID, flicker would be a precursor of a ballast going dead soon. I would contact the vendor.

IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
I aimed my headlights after the install. Better than original lights but not as bright as I thought

This is compared to my stock headlight projectors on a 2016 4 runner withe xenon depot 4300k hid set. The XD seems more brighter.

Also there is some flickering with the morimoto kit. Not sure if there is a connection with my alternator. When ever I turn on my high beam or fog lights, there is a whine coming from the alternator. Maybe alternator is causing the problem. I checked it with a multimeter and all the numbers seem correct.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

Did you do the clear lens swap as part of your retro fit? Also your cutoff is a little fuzzy so you might want to add or remove lens shims to sharpen up the cut off that is if you haven't closed up your headlights already ...neither one of these would change the light intensity so you might just want to bump up to a 5500k bulb and I would definitely check with the vendor regarding the flickering

Did you do the clear lens swap as part of your retro fit? Also your cutoff is a little fuzzy so you might want to add or remove lens shims to sharpen up the cut off that is if you haven't closed up your headlights already ...neither one of these would change the light intensity so you might just want to bump up to a 5500k bulb and I would definitely check with the vendor regarding the flickering

I used the lens that came with the TSX projectors. Everybody thought the tsx lens was better then the clear lens.

The headlights are sealed already. I sent a email to TRS and waiting to hear back.

Was hoping that you would have the 3D printed projector lens mounting plates available. That would've saved many hours off the retrofit.

Output shots are better at 25 ft or so see the throw of the lights. See if they will exchange the bulbs for phillips or osram bulbs, since some of the d2s morimoto bulbs have had issues. lightwerz posted some of their detailed comparisons on the headlight junkies facebook page.

Last edited:
I used the lens that came with the TSX projectors. Everybody thought the tsx lens was better then the clear lens.

The headlights are sealed already. I sent a email to TRS and waiting to hear back.

Was hoping that you would have the 3D printed projector lens mounting plates available. That would've saved many hours off the retrofit.

They should be done soon...I want to make sure they are perfect. The plan is to offer two brackets... one for the Mini D2S 4.0 ... haven't decided the other projector yet but will soon. We have made 8 prototypes so we are close to a final product

They should be done soon...I want to make sure they are perfect. The plan is to offer two brackets... one for the Mini D2S 4.0 ... haven't decided the other projector yet but will soon. We have made 8 prototypes so we are close to a final product
Will these "brackets" be lx only? I'm a bit new to hid retro details so if the LC's don't require a bracket just tell and I'll delve deeper. Will the printer plastic handle the heat?

Make one for the tsx since they are widely available

Do the 04-08 tsx projectors work for this retrofit?
Found a guy selling the 04-08 tsx headlights for only $60 for the pair.
Just want to make sure those will work.
Or do I need newer year tsx projectors ?
Thanks

Do the 04-08 tsx projectors work for this retrofit?
Found a guy selling the 04-08 tsx headlights for only $60 for the pair.
Just want to make sure those will work.
Or do I need newer year tsx projectors ?
Thanks
Those will work

Did you use 4500 or 5500k?
So you only need the tsx projectors from the tsx headlights or do you need anything else off the headlight?

Last edited:
I have a set of tsx projectors inspected and sold by TRS, TSX clear lenses with spacers, Phillips D2S 4500k bulbs and AMP to D2S ballast adapters. I changed plans and only opened to inspect.
Edit: sold. Thanks

Last edited:
I have a set of tsx projectors inspected and sold by TRS, TSX clear lenses with spacers, Phillips D2S 4500k bulbs and AMP to D2S ballast adapters. I changed plans and only opened to inspect. $190 shipped to mud member for all.
Someone needs to jump on this deal!

I have a set of tsx projectors inspected and sold by TRS, TSX clear lenses with spacers, Phillips D2S 4500k bulbs and AMP to D2S ballast adapters. I changed plans and only opened to inspect. $190 shipped to mud member for all.

Interested.

Does this include all the parts needed for the tsx retrofit?

Does anyone have a retards guide to HID projectors for our vehicles? Are you guys replacing only the low beans? Dual demons replace both and one is non functional in the housing? I have black one piece depos coming I want to cool guy up.

Interested.

Does this include all the parts needed for the tsx retrofit?

He sold the parts already

Does anyone have a retards guide to HID projectors for our vehicles? Are you guys replacing only the low beans? Dual demons replace both and one is non functional in the housing? I have black one piece depos coming I want to cool guy up.

If this is the one piece for the LC there are a few members who have had success retrofitting HID projectors.

Very Nice Dean! My TSX retrofit is still performing just as well as the day I posted in 2007. I haven't had to service/replace a thing. Thanks for the reference.

Ed

hi I bought some projectors. From what I can see it’s two pieces. Nothing appears to move inside. Is that right?
also what type of hid/led kit is needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom