Newbie 1st post - Pic of my BJ46 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I am new to the site, however have been lurking for a good while now and wanted to share a pic of my rig -BJ46.

Note: I am researching quite a bit from restoration process, lift kits, sound proofing, tires/rims and removing a instrument cluster...this site has been helpful.
DSCN0318.jpg

dude that thing is sweet!

welcome :flipoff2:

also bring that thing to the DFW meet at papa's bbq this up coming thursday, id love to see it, meeting starts at 7pm but people linger around for a good while later. check the clubhouse section for more information.

Trent T.

Yeah, you must get involved with the Lone Star Cruisers. They are great guys and will help you spend all of the money you want to spend on the FJ!

Later,

BJ46, such a sweet rig. Cool forward facing rear seats with funky looking material.

Got more pics?

Rob

You're not thinking of changing out the factory rims are you?

Possibly, I was considering rock crawlers, but might save the $600 and put it elsewhere, numerous needs... Main focus right now is getting the instrument cluster off without breaking anything and finding a way to get this rig lifted 4".

dude that thing is sweet!

welcome :flipoff2:

also bring that thing to the DFW meet at papa's bbq this up coming thursday, id love to see it, meeting starts at 7pm but people linger around for a good while later. check the clubhouse section for more information.

Trent T.
Cool, THX; I'll try to make it. :cheers:

Why do you need to get the cluster off.
Did you buy it local or import it yourself.
Is it a 46 or 44 odd it has the sideways rear seats and not the forward folding seats.
Does it have the factory tach to the left of the cluster.
You may have a problem finding leafs I think they are longer than a 40 series I have never compared the length of any of mine.

Defently a cool rig you will love it

Why do you need to get the cluster off.
Did you buy it local or import it yourself.
Is it a 46 or 44 odd it has the sideways rear seats and not the forward folding seats.
Does it have the factory tach to the left of the cluster.
You may have a problem finding leafs I think they are longer than a 40 series I have never compared the length of any of mine.

Defently a cool rig you will love it
I bought a light kit from CoolCruisers for the cluster so I can see it at night; I imported the rig myself from Japan.

The rig is a BJ46, I have the forward facing seats in my garage... I bought the sideway seats off ebay which I prefer; seats 4 in the back.

Cluster: I see the two tabs, but I'm not sure how to remove them in order to pull out the cluster....

Very Nice. Welcome!

You dont remove the tabs at the bottom of the cluster you have to remove the speedo cable first tilt towards you and lift up and out it takes some wiggling to get it out.
I assume its a 5 spd.... or did you get a 4spd which Ive only seen in the odd 46 but common on the 44.
Looking at your engine pics it looks like you have the primer pump ontop of the filter housing do you have a closer pic I have never seen a primer in the spot on a 3B.
Is there a tool compartment in the wheel well under the rear Dside jump seat.

Last edited:
congrats :clap: very sweet rig! Welcome to mud :flipoff2:

Welcome to mud mate, that is a cool rig. :grinpimp:
I can't say i've seen one of those before! It's like a short troopy or a long shorty, lol!

Fawkin SUPER cool looks like it needs nothing

Cool, THX; I'll try to make it. :cheers:

awesome man, its a good bit of fun, decent food, shiner on tap, and a bunch of cruisers.

and if you do decide to change wheels im interested in your wheels and hubcaps for my BJ42:grinpimp:

Fawkin SUPER cool looks like it needs nothing

yes it is very nice!

You dont remove the tabs at the bottom of the cluster you have to remove the speedo cable first tilt towards you and lift up and out it takes some wiggling to get it out.
I assume its a 5 spd.... or did you get a 4spd which Ive only seen in the odd 46 but common on the 44.
Looking at your engine pics it looks like you have the primer pump ontop of the filter housing do you have a closer pic I have never seen a primer in the spot on a 3B.
Is there a tool compartment in the wheel well under the rear Dside jump seat.

Awesome THX; I was able to finish the bulb swap in about 30 minutes... I loosened the cable attached to the firewall to give me a little more room and did what you stated. THX again!

New bulbs are really bright...

Oh its a 4 spd which was a bummer I assumed all BJ46s were 5 speed. Yes there is a small tool compartment at the rear; looks more like a jack compartment.

Note: My upload quota was reached...couldnt upload more pics but yes it is on the filter housing; its a 1984.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom