Builds My First Land Cruiser! Just Discovered this Forum. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its not real sheepskin, its like a fluffy padded fleece and its pretty comfortable....but the only reason it is on there is because the DS seat appears to have fought with a wolverine! And I didn't know what "swampy" meant so I Google'd it...... 1. Gross! and 2. No, I do not get swampy! Sounds like a man problem.
LOL. yeah use Google with caution. Thanks for the response, sorry for the google trauma. :)
Maybe that term was a bit graphic. I apologize. Just wondered if the seat covers were noticeably hotter in your humid climate?

Last edited:
That's what that A/C vent under the steering column is for.

:grinpimp:

LOL. yeah use Google with caution. Thanks for the response, sorry for the google trauma. :)
Maybe that term was a bit graphic. I apologize. Just wondered if the seat covers were noticeably hotter in your humid climate?
I don't think the covers are noticeably hotter, but I also don't think it is very hot and humid here. It rarely ever gets over 90 degrees, and with the trade winds blowing nearly everyday of the year, it doesn't feel too humid. Its those odd days when the trades stop that you feel the humidity.

That's what that A/C vent under the steering column is for.

:grinpimp:
That's funny, I texted my man to see if he knew what "swampy" was, and if he ever gets swampy driving the 80..... he replied right away and said "never, there's AC that blasts straight at my nutz". You learn something new everyday! Must have been a hot summer day in Japan when some swampy dude was designing the 80's AC system.

Work and play on the Westside. Perfect fall day in Hawaii....78 degrees and sunny, light trades, nice high clouds and ultra blue water!
image.jpeg

And discovered my new favorite lounge spot up top the PrinSu. No RTT for me, but now have the perfect spot to lay out in the sun on rocky beaches and a great vantage point to watch my man do his thing on the waves.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A couple more......

A few more from the days adventures. On a technical note, the 80 has been running flawlessly lately. Seems like the newish suspension has settled in and the newish PrinSu is whisper quiet compared to my old roof rack.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If there was a way to emphasize envy, I'd be typing it right now.

So much win in your pics Jen, you're a cutie & between that, the locale, and your 80 - well, just alot of envy.

I need to think of a side hustle to get a Hawaii ZIP code a few months of the year!

Luv the pics Jen, you sure live in a beautiful place!! ;)

the wife and I are considering a trip to hawaii Jen, may need to hit you up for the best spots to visit

i'm a little more interested in the mountains/forests side of it than the luau/lei side of things

I need to think of a side hustle to get a Hawaii ZIP code a few months of the year!
A few months a year is better then nothing....but 12 months a year is the way to go!

Thanks @woodsman 44, I couldn't agree more with you about the natural beauty I am surrounded with daily here in Hawaii.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And I do love my 80 @70Cruza, but I have to divide up that love 3 ways now with my growing Land Cruiser family.....but I have favorites!

Technically...only two are REAL Land Cruiser... :flipoff2: The 4Runner is cute though...
You sound like the grumpy old 40 series guys talking about the 80 series!

the wife and I are considering a trip to hawaii Jen, may need to hit you up for the best spots to visit

i'm a little more interested in the mountains/forests side of it than the luau/lei side of things
PM me when you know what island you are going to and what time of year, I may have a few suggestions. I'm from Oahu, so that is what I know, but my husband has spent a lot of time in the outer islands and knows a lot of places to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom