isuzu 4BD1T swap?! (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

astr, thanks so much for the Isuzu alternator wiring instructions. one question, if the black wire (S) needs o go directly to the battery, couldn't it just be connected to the output stud where wire (B) connects, that way they can share the same wire?

It's a voltage sensing wire. If you hook it to the alternator post then the voltage drop along the charging cable can't be compensated for. But running a seperate wire to the battery post ensures you've got the intended voltage.

astr, thanks so much for the Isuzu alternator wiring instructions. one question, if the black wire (S) needs o go directly to the battery, couldn't it just be connected to the output stud where wire (B) connects, that way they can share the same wire?

You could connect the S wire directly to the output stud and it would work but it is better to bring it back to the battery. With the S (Sense) wire connected directly to the stud, any voltage drop that occurs in the wire that goes between the stud and the battery will reduce the charging voltage by the amount of the voltage drop. So, during times of high current output by the alternator like when the battery is low or you are running a lot of stuff, the alternator will put out less than what is ideal.

Edit: Dougal, you beat me to it!

Thanks for the info! Can I leave the charge indicator light wire (L) disconnected? Also, where did you connect the ignition wire (IG)?

Thanks for the info! Can I leave the charge indicator light wire (L) disconnected? Also, where did you connect the ignition wire (IG)?

The indicator wire only turns on the "Battery" indicator so can be left disconnected. The IG wire need to be connected so that it is hot when the ignition switch is in the "Run" position. I don't have a wiring diagram for a US 60 series so I can't be more specific.

Where did you connect the IG wire so it's hot when the ignition switch is in run?

jmattj,

I connected mine to the power wire that was for your distributor. Since you no longer need that one it can be used for the IG pole on the Isuzu alternator

So now who do we use since Dave sold his site to an unknown person and the order links for adapters on isuzudieselswapper.com have disappeared for over a year?

Anyone else make these adapters?

Anyone else have linkies and E-mails that work?

Best,

T

So now who do we use since Dave sold his site to an unknown person and the order links for adapters on isuzudieselswapper.com have disappeared for over a year?

Anyone else make these adapters?

Anyone else have linkies and E-mails that work?

Best,

T

The new owner of Overview is Randy (aka Carcrafter22) on 4BTswaps.com He's made a lot of progress in different adapter configurations over the last year but that's not on the website. He's in a rough spot personally at the moment but I'll point him towards this thread.

He's the guy with the 4BD1T which was running compound turbos, a huge injector pump and silly levels of boost.

The new owner of Overview is Randy (aka Carcrafter22) on 4BTswaps.com

He's the guy with the 4BD1T which was running compound turbos, a huge injector pump and silly levels of boost.

That is exactly the conversion I want for my Durango,

Please forward his E-mail address to me.

Sorry he is in a rough spot.

Best,

T

Randy is the man, you can PM him on 4BTswaps or on Expedition Portal as well. He also has the adapter out for the manuals now also, FYI.

I've emailled Randy a link to this thread. Hopefully he can chime in soon.

the Fj62 still going strong...

have been driving and running the Fj62, the isuzu 4bd1t is running great. I replaced the rear lift tail gate this summer, the old one was rusted out. while i did the lift gate, i also replaced the gas cylinders, see the liftgate mods on the forum... lift gate mod https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/26702-60s-hydrolic-arm-rear-hatch.html I had also recently changed the starter, but the the problem was the ignition wire from the landcruiser had poor current, so i needed to add a relay to feed the ignition signal to the starter relay. now the starter fixes, it does really good, even in our cold weather.

Is any one here anymore? Trying to do a 4BD1T swap into a TJ log skidder. Can I buy a shifter for the tranny like on page 45 or others? Thanks

Is any one here anymore? Trying to do a 4BD1T swap into a TJ log skidder. Can I buy a shifter for the tranny like on page 45 or others? Thanks

It's very much still an active swap. Some interesting gearbox linkage solutions on 4btswaps.com

Yes, I see them but hoping to buy one instead of taxing my few brain cells. I did go through the gears and took pics of the levers in each gear.

It's very much still an active swap. Some interesting gearbox linkage solutions on 4btswaps.com
Hi Dougal, I’ve sent you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom