1kzte manual swap ECU wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day Yota gurus,

Just got done with my manual swap to my 1994 surf. Absolutely loving it so far, sound better, better fuel economy, lower temps etc etc. I did just notice one strange thing though, I wired in a kill switch to trick the auto ECU into thinking it's in park so it will start. I run the car basically always thinking it's in park. I tried flipping the switch when it was idling so that the truck doesn't think it's in park or any gear and I noticed the idle changes slightly. The whole truck vibrates a bit more when it thinks it's in park, and I'm not sure if it's in my head or not but seems like the revs might respond a bit slower to throttle inputs when it thinks it's in park? Its a bit hard to tell but I've attached a video. Does anyone know what's going on here or if there's any performance detriment to running it in park?

The way I see it I have 3 options:
1. If there's no performance impact just keep it as is driving around in park all the time
2. Rig up some wiring so that I can start the car in park, then immediately switch it to think it's in Drive after startup
3. Wire in the manual ECU from my parts truck if that would give better performance that option 2. Could use some guidance on this, obviously I'd have to swap out the trans wiring harness, but I hear the dash harness might also be different? Are there any other looms that would need to be changed? How much work is it to swap out the dash loom?

Any wisdom/ pointers on where to research this is much appreciated.

Cheers 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom