Instead of a headliner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
kartchcustoms.com
I don't have a headliner and really don't want one. What have you all done to dress up the fiberglass to make it look good?

I've thought about doing some sort of "do it yourself" bedliner type stuff. Does anybody offer a diy that comes in white? Anybody who has done this, what do you think?

Any other options?

Thanks

duraback, has a wide selection of bed liner colours. ive also heard theyhave a rough and smooth application. which would be perfect for what your using it for.

Someone on the board here, after cleaning the ceiling real well, applied a couple of coats of the white reflective insulated roof paint. I believe its the stuff they use on mobil homes and trailers. He had pics and it looked pretty good. Less cost than duraback, can be rolled on and touched up.

yo...i'm the guy with the roof coating...cleaned it real good...sanded it with 120 grit paper and applied about 3 coats of a product called snow roof...looks really nice...search my name and you can probably find the post that has pics...any questions just let me know...

osagecruiser

osagecruiser said:
yo...i'm the guy with the roof coating...cleaned it real good...sanded it with 120 grit paper and applied about 3 coats of a product called snow roof...looks really nice...search my name and you can probably find the post that has pics...any questions just let me know...

osagecruiser

I did see your post on a search. How has it held up? Still look great? How do you like the color? My only real concern is having whatever I use sticking to the ceiling over the long haul with the AZ sun beating down.

My whole cruiser is coated in Durabak 1/2 of it white. I wanted to do smooth finish but at the time only one of my colors came in smooth cant remember if it was white or orange that only came in rough finish. Its good stuff though and I'm sure it would make a fine headliner. You could probably get a quart and do 2 or 3 coats.

Carpet

I glued on some black carpet , the indoor/outdoor type. Quietened down the interior noise and looks good. Cost me about $30 and a 6 pack.
Paul

Hi All:

I was up in Surrey, B.C. Canada a few years ago for the "Land Cruiser Day" event. One of the rigs (a BJ42 I think ) on display there had a gigantic map of western Canada painted on the inside of the fiberglass hardtop; the fellow had also painted on the map the routes he had already traveled in the rig!

I thought it was a pretty cool idea!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

snow roof has held up great and still looks good...have not had it in the sun much......but its so easy to apply if it gets dirty i will just recoat...$20.00 for a gallon the price is right to...
osagecruiser

There is a DIY called Color Your Hippo (I'm not kidding) that I used on the bed of my 40. The nice part about it is that you tint it with paint for an exact match, and I do mean exact.

Link to the product page

I'd say go with this because you can get the color the way you want it. Like all DIT's can be brushed on, rollered or sprayed.

Azrocks said:
I'm just curious, how did you carpet the curved portions?

As soon as the fabric starts rolling out in the corners, it will start to bunch up where there is more fabric than room. Take a razor blade and cut a diagonal from that point out to the middle of the corner. Continue rolling out one part of the carpet and lay the other cut side of the carpet over the first part. You'll be able to tell exactly where the overlap starts, and if you carefully cut away from there, they should match up well

I high school kid did this with indoor outdoor carpeting on my swb45 many years ago [1993] using carpet glue. It's still on there fine, and I like the noise dampening.

I used the hippo liner on the floor of my '65 because I could use the body color paint to tint it. It's good durable stuff and the tint I used is Freeborn red which hasn't faded or gone to pink. I think it would make a fine headliner.

I ended up using carpet tile. Go to your local carpet installation place and they'll probably give you the leftovers they have, good selection of colors too. Clean it off really good, then peel the adhesive back and install! Looks good too.

Where in AZ?

el_diabolico said:
I ended up using carpet tile. Go to your local carpet installation place and they'll probably give you the leftovers they have, good selection of colors too. Clean it off really good, then peel the adhesive back and install! Looks good too.

Where in AZ?

We're building a house in Vail currently. We're staying at our in-laws place right now during the build. They live on the NE side of town around limberlost and melpomene. How about yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom