Dobinsons IMS fj60 lift (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty sure the 62 cupped washers are actually larger OD than the 60 ones. Your bushings didn't bulge like this though?
Yes, sorry, I believe that you're right re: the larger size of the 62 washers. I don't recall any bulging of the bushings. Not near my truck at the moment, or I'd go out and check it.

Here are my bushings and original hardware.

IMG_7257.jpeg

@toy_tek I had one of my rear upper shock bolts come out a couple times after I put the IMS shocks on too. It let me know when the shock was bouncing off the bottom of the floor of the truck. It was pretty loud. So yeah, I second loktite.

I got the new OEM hardware but found the washers to be smaller than the shock eye inner diameter. I know the bushing should theoretically hold them in place, but I didn't want to take any chances. I got big fender washers that would keep the shock in place if the bushing failed.

I looked through the EPC and my hardware at home. 61 and 62 shock bolts are 12mm, PN 90119-12088 and they include the bigger cupped washer. This is the same as the 60 front shock bolt. The 10mm 60 rear shock bolts are 91611-61020. The cupped washer is separate, PN 90948-03007 and it's 1/4" smaller OD than the larger 61/62 cupped washer.

I know this post is old but your site now says the front IMS are on back order.
Any idea when those will be back in stock?
May is the current ETA for those.

I like to use Red and Tacky
That’s the great thing about Dobinsons over OME bushings. They don’t need special grease and they don’t get rock hard in a year

That’s the great thing about Dobinsons over OME bushings. They don’t need special grease and they don’t get rock hard in a year
That's great to hear, I was worried about the poly hardening and causing a rough ride. I even contemplated going with rubber bushings for a bit

My lift will be going on this week. Just waiting on some 4 degree shims & rear spring pin bushings from @cruiseroutfit to arrive.

I got the kit from @crikeymike.
Great transaction and fast shipping!
Figured I'd go with him since he's in the South East and local to the Dobi warehouse

IMG_8140.jpeg

Last edited:
@Flatlanderfj40 Thanks. Will do.
Your 60 is looking great! Did the springs settle in a bit since your install? How are those Dobi yellow shocks doing? Thinking of moving to the IMS shocks?
I haven’t measured but don’t think it’s settled a whole lot. The yellow are just ok. About to install 4plus f&r flip kit…looking at the Dobi mra/ims, Bilstein and Fox.

Mine have been on for a year and have settled very little. Also removed one leaf, front and back, from each spring (bought the HJ61-7L and HJ61-6L). Running with Bilstein B6 4600 shocks and absolutely love the ride.

IMG_0997.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom