Builds Dirty Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's probably easiest for me to keep the stock heater. The gm water pump has provisions for heater hoseso which should be easy to plumb into the stock heater. Aesthetically, I'll have to make efforts to route the hoses properly.

i did this and having the LC heat valve pn the firewall closed caused my water pump gaskets seep coolant. I read somewhere on inter web you can't shut off the LS water pump heater lines cause they need to circulate all the time or at least until the thermostat opens. I put a bypass T and ball valve in between the two heater hoses and changed the gaskets. So far no coolant dribbles.

It's a kit from Stealth Conversions. Probably the simplest setup out there. Pulse ring that clamps to the 4l60e output, and a stock gm sensor. The only "difficult" part was drilling and tapping for a 3/4 NF thread.

Thanks for the info, it will come in handy.....

Wow, I thought my rear was short at 22".
101" wheel base 39" front and 22" rear

I need to measure the Jeep I recently purchased. It's at 107" WB with a 350/350,Atlas 4 speed and 1ton axles. I'm guessing that the rear shaft is 24" on it. ***Edit*** Jeep is 34" rear and 38"front so it's not even worth talking about.

Last edited:
14" will likely not like any sort of speeds..

14"? Good luck with that...

Wow, I thought my rear was short at 22".
101" wheel base 39" front and 22" rear

I need to measure the Jeep I recently purchased. It's at 107" WB with a 350/350,Atlas 4 speed and 1ton axles. I'm guessing that the rear shaft is 24" on it. ***Edit*** Jeep is 34" rear and 38"front so it's not even worth talking about.

You lost me at "Jeep" .... the rest was just noise ;)

Shifter cables are installed and the cases are finally in. Cross member was pretty simple, and I'm going to pick up some UHMW for a skid.
Should have the sliders and cage tie-ins burned in tomorrow morning.

20160918_112228.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some time in the next couple of months to work on the 40, but I'm back to class Wednesday so likely won't get much done for a while.
I'll keep updates going when I take study breaks in the garage.

wow...

The first thought that came into my mind was "that's a cute driveline". I do wonder about highway speeds with it..

I think you'll be fine, but how are you going to get the rear yoke aimed directly at the output? when I first set mine up, I aimed directly at the yoke (as Tom's suggested); then someone who is usually right said I needed to have it 1 degree down. He was not correct.... that said, mine doesn't move much because the 4 link keeps it aimed at the yoke.... with leaf springs that could be somewhat of a challenge, especially if they're a soft spring....

Still, I'm almost tempted to stop in and see the storm on Pirate that shaft would produce ;)

I think you'll be fine, but how are you going to get the rear yoke aimed directly at the output? when I first set mine up, I aimed directly at the yoke (as Tom's suggested); then someone who is usually right said I needed to have it 1 degree down. He was not correct.... that said, mine doesn't move much because the 4 link keeps it aimed at the yoke.... with leaf springs that could be somewhat of a challenge, especially if they're a soft spring....

Still, I'm almost tempted to stop in and see the storm on Pirate that shaft would produce ;)
With the antiwrap in place along with the location of my output, the yoke isn't going to change much in relation to the axle yoke (hopefully). I know the driveshaft isn't ideal, but I've seen shorter on cj7's with automatics. The folks at Tom Woods didn't think it'd be an issue, so I'll run with their expertise on this one.

Last edited:
As I was setting the final location for the rear axle perches last night, I noticed a pretty significant amount of "cruiser lean." Any thoughts on a remedy that won't mess with axle location or spring height?

Additional longer leaf on one side (longer leaf won't give as much increase to the spring rate compared to a shorter leaf)
Spacer
Swap springs from the Drivers to the passenger side.
Etc...

DS lean right? And are the springs new or old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom