Builds Dirty Bastard (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dave makes really nice stuff.. I doubt there is anyone that will say any different..

20160907_203553.jpg
20160907_203604.jpg
20160907_203625.jpg

Are you pushing to run it at CTW?

Are you pushing to run it at CTW?
I'm giving it a shot. I'm not sure if I have enough time to get little things done before CTW, and since I pretty much "wing it" as I build these things, I know I'll get hung up on a couple of small items.
I also just remembered that I'm in Hawaii for a few days the first week of October, so with my school schedule a run @ CTW is very unlikely to happen.

Seems like many of the SEMA builds are pulled together at the last hours too so it's always possible. It is wise to have a goal, helps us stay motivated and accountable. Looking forward to seeing it run once it does get running.

Lots of SEMA builds don't run either ;)

VSS installed into the tail of the transmission and transmission attached to the engine. Engine mounts are almost done, I have some material to remove from the engine side so that there's enough room for the mount to rotate into the proper position for welding.
20160911_143358.jpg
20160911_210547.jpg
20160911_205851.jpg

You should paint the firewall the color of the body with a clear coat. It will look way better than black. Rough it up with scotchbrite, wipe it down with thinner or something, tape stuff off, have your body color put in a aerosol can, and spray it. Then cover it with clear. Thats one thing I hate about my engine compartment, the firewall is ugly. With the motor out it would take only about 2 hours to do it.

I would love to, but having paint that is "new" but 30 years old makes any sort of color matching a nightmare. I may get a ppg gloss enamel in black though to make it look better.
You should paint the firewall the color of the body with a clear coat. It will look way better than black. Rough it up with scotchbrite, wipe it down with thinner or something, tape stuff off, have your body color put in a aerosol can, and spray it. Then cover it with clear. Thats one thing I hate about my engine compartment, the firewall is ugly. With the motor out it would take only about 2 hours to do it.

It is coming along nicely, do you have anymore details to share on the vss set up you are using?
It's a kit from Stealth Conversions. Probably the simplest setup out there. Pulse ring that clamps to the 4l60e output, and a stock gm sensor. The only "difficult" part was drilling and tapping for a 3/4 NF thread.

Looking good! Are you planning on keeping the stock heater or are you going with aftermarket?
It's probably easiest for me to keep the stock heater. The gm water pump has provisions for heater hoseso which should be easy to plumb into the stock heater. Aesthetically, I'll have to make efforts to route the hoses properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom