Builds Big Red Toy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also if you need any info or help sourcing Cummins parts I work for the distributor here in Texas.
Now you tell me. We're fixing to be best friends.

So I figured I can spare 5 minutes to change out my hi beam light because it fogs up when it rains.
1428879982392.jpg

Ten minutes of fighting with the last bolt and applying wd40 this happens.

1428880028646.jpg

Land cruiser bolt 1
Craftsman tool 0

All Craftsman tools have lifetime warranties though right?

It's what you get for not using proper JIS Vessel screwdrivers. :)

It's got a lifetime warranty, not worried about that. Was just surprised how a tiny bolt was able to snap the screwdriver head. Usually the grooves of the bolt strip way before anything else. Anyway, managed to change out the headlight without removing the last bolt.

Yeah I'm surprised too. Was it one of those 4 little tiny ones that hold the light in place? I strip those things like there's no tomorrow.

Yeah I'm surprised too. Was it one of those 4 little tiny ones that hold the light in place? I strip those things like there's no tomorrow.
That's the one.

WD40 iron melting capabilities raises stock: WDFC (NASDAQ)US$ 83,86+0,14 (+0,17%)

I ran into the same problem with Black & Decker driver bits. I suspect they might be manufactured with cheap (read brittle) steele from overseas...steele made for a different target market.

Sometimes you can cheat death with those difficult-to-remove screws/bolts by just cracking each one loose before removing all the tension off of them...that way, when you get to the last one, there isn't a large amount of force/unit area on a single one...

I ended up getting a set of Milwaukee driver bits in this set-up (Home Depot ~US$10)...the steele is quality and the fit is close to being the next best thing to JIS standard:

Milwaukee 10-in-1 Square Drive Multi Bit Driver.jpeg

I ran into the same problem with Black & Decker driver bits. I suspect they might be manufactured with cheap (read brittle) steele from overseas...steele made for a different target market.

Sometimes you can cheat death with those difficult-to-remove screws/bolts by just cracking each one loose before removing all the tension off of them...that way, when you get to the last one, there isn't a large amount of force/unit area on a single one...

I ended up getting a set of Milwaukee driver bits in this set-up (Home Depot ~US$10)...the steele is quality and the fit is close to being the next best thing to JIS standard:

View attachment 1060703
Sadly mine had USA stamped on it.

Not that I'm aware. The Old MT Goodyear tires weren't that great,they had weak side walls, so they replaced them with the mtr and the BF Goodrich. Rated to heavier loads and stronger sidewall protection. But since this is the second time it happens within six months, I'm crossing off BF Goodrich for life.

or just cross off old ass military tires for life :p

Perhaps. These had the new rubber moldings still on them. I guess when a tie sits for so long it cracks . Good thing they are cheap

Yea the week and year are stamped on the side. The military keeps them in inventory for 5 years I think then sell to surplus stores whether used or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom