Builds Big Red Toy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea the week and year are stamped on the side. The military keeps them in inventory for 5 years I think then sell to surplus stores whether used or not.

AH! then splits are not unexpected then, unfortunately...

BUT! the :princess: 80 has 8 year old BFG AT's... (is only driven around town) with 76k miles on them and close to a 1/4" of tread remaining... NO CRACKS..

J

The military doesn't ship back tires from overseas do they?

The military doesn't ship back tires from overseas do they?
not unless they are on the vehicles that are returning. I'm not sure , i'm not in logistics, but it wouldn't make sense.

I guess that rules out the desert drying out the rubber.

i guess I'll be switching those front tires out with the goodyear mt that I still have. I hate splitting those rims, it's such a pain. I have to wait for the balancing beads to come in before I can start.

Came home to find these. I guess I know what I'm doing this evening.
1429566561719.jpg

1429578182093.jpg

1429578214208.jpg

Changed both the front tires. Fronts are D rated now and rear E rated. It has less vibration with the 10oz beads at 26psi. Feels much more responsive, way less stiff than the BF Goodrich tires. My steering wheel is no longer perfectly straight, turned a little to the right but I can I live with it, just not sure what caused it to get that way .
Found a mud hole neat the house, drove thru it a few times. Now I'm hoping it rains again cause I don't feel like washing the rig. All in all it was a good waste of time when I have two finals due.

Gym time.

Last edited:
I hope the feds don't get it.

It's registered in Florida. 5 speed. Can't figure out who the owner is. There's a kitted up discovery that also parks across the street.

State worker? Confiscated trucks?

Got these in the mail so I decided to replace the relays in the green box on the driver side window.
1429666974190.jpg

1429666996786.jpg

Soldered the old ones off and put the new ones on
1429667032063.jpg

1429667046484.jpg

The window works. Small victories, that's what it's all about :D

Glad that worked out.

Helo Mike, could you please share some info on this ?? I might need,

Thanks for any info

I got them off ebay, they claim to run cooler than the ceramic ones I have in the other tires. for a 37in tire you need about 10 ounces if memory serves me correctly. You can find a chart online that will give you the exact measurements.

As far as using balancing beads go, it's not a perfect solution but it's a cheap one for larger tires. There will be some vibration until you get the tires spinning to over 45mph (might be different depending on tires) then it smooths out as you pick up speed. The fact that no one nearby wants to work on split rims or have a machine large enough to balance a 37in tire makes this my best bet. Let me know if there's anything specific you want me to address, would be glad to answer.

I got them off ebay, they claim to run cooler than the ceramic ones I have in the other tires. for a 37in tire you need about 10 ounces if memory serves me correctly. You can find a chart online that will give you the exact measurements.

As far as using balancing beads go, it's not a perfect solution but it's a cheap one for larger tires. There will be some vibration until you get the tires spinning to over 45mph (might be different depending on tires) then it smooths out as you pick up speed. The fact that no one nearby wants to work on split rims or have a machine large enough to balance a 37in tire makes this my best bet. Let me know if there's anything specific you want me to address, would be glad to answer.

K kool, its mostly for our winter tire setup. My good friend here has a tire/retread shop and makes us some kickass big rig Retread's, but very hard to balance.
I had never seen those beads before, i"ll hit u up on more info soon,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom