Builds A fabricators 80 build.... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought so. I wanted to stay away from spacers as I bought spydertrax spacers last year and got one rotation done with my tires before I had problems. Snapped two studs, had new lugnuts, and I only use hand tools on them. Kinda ticked about it, and spydertrax doesn't want to help, or exchange them. Pretty heated about it.

Hmmm I've had good luck with mine on two trucks. And the 60 came with spacers on her too.

Here's a shot of the bracket that I made to mount the arb compressor. Nice and clean. With no drilled holes. All factory mounts. Just pull off your cruise control plastic cover and bolt this plate down through the 3 holes left open where the cover was.
20161001_132516.jpg
20161001_132631.jpg
20161001_132642.jpg

That's really odd, and unfortunate! I have spidertrax on my truck haven't had an issue yet, better knock on wood!

I thought so. I wanted to stay away from spacers as I bought spydertrax spacers last year and got one rotation done with my tires before I had problems. Snapped two studs, had new lugnuts, and I only use hand tools on them. Kinda ticked about it, and spydertrax doesn't want to help, or exchange them. Pretty heated about it.

That's really odd, and unfortunate! I have spidertrax on my truck haven't had an issue yet, better knock on wood!
The kicker... Took them to the tire shop I always go to, to use their press and put new studs in, and upon pressing the broken ones out, the splines on the stud take a bunch of meat out with them when they come out. So, a new stud won't even go in properly. Pretty heated about it as spydertrax doesn't want to fix them either, and at the time they were two months old. :bang::worms:

Sorry, not trying to jack your thread so I'll make this the last post about it. The o ly thing i this k could have caused it was the lugnuts (new) having sub-par threads and them walking up the thread when tightened. I may have to get new spacers, and run a better lug nut, maybe an ARP or something? Oh well....

@RDC76 What are ya gonna do with that locker housing? huh, huh? Want to sell it?

Sorry, not trying to jack your thread so I'll make this the last post about it. The o ly thing i this k could have caused it was the lugnuts (new) having sub-par threads and them walking up the thread when tightened. I may have to get new spacers, and run a better lug nut, maybe an ARP or something? Oh well....

no worries...

@RDC76 What are ya gonna do with that locker housing? huh, huh? Want to sell it?

did you message me on facebook? ive gotten quite a few inquiries. it will have to be offered to the highest bidder... just kidding ill start with the first person that expressed interest if I decide to let it go

What rear springs are you running again? The reason I ask is that I had built mine (tire carrier, 2-5gal jerrycans, hi-lift and replaced the cross member with 2x3 .250 tube, and once I got all this hanging off the back, it handled like s*it. I'm running medium springs where I'd need heavy. The front end became very light feeling, and the steering was too easy to turn, so light it'd catch a little air on small speed bumps. Curious how yours handles, and again what springs you have. I have e the Slee kit, so iirc they're OME springs/shocks. Also, if I move all that stuff inside and close the hatch, it drives more normal.

a shot from this weekend.. wish I got more pics...I didn't get my sliders on so I took it easy. The 80 made short work of all the obstacles encountered and the air actuator conversion on the rear locker worked awesome! I'm really happy with the mod. i'll look into the front next. All in all a great weekend with great people. The Guys from Iron Pig actually won the fire pit I made for the raffle. That 80 in front of me on the trail came all the way from Atlanta with a sweet turtleback trailer. I'll definitely go back next year...
20161009_115213.jpg

What rear springs are you running again? The reason I ask is that I had built mine (tire carrier, 2-5gal jerrycans, hi-lift and replaced the cross member with 2x3 .250 tube, and once I got all this hanging off the back, it handled like s*it. I'm running medium springs where I'd need heavy. The front end became very light feeling, and the steering was too easy to turn, so light it'd catch a little air on small speed bumps. Curious how yours handles, and again what springs you have. I have e the Slee kit, so iirc they're OME springs/shocks. Also, if I move all that stuff inside and close the hatch, it drives more normal.

Would also like to know what springs your running and how it handles ??

Would also like to know what springs your running and how it handles ??

Im not 100% sure what Springs are on it, as it was lifted when i got it. Sorry. But it drives and rides nice. And wheels great. Stuffs the tires. It sits level though and i like a slight rake so its level when loaded. So im thinking i might add small coil spacers this week. I also just mounted new General Grabber X3's yesterday. Ill post pics soon. Ill also look for any signs of what springs are on when i put the spacers in.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom